The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm slowly getting through my ever growing never ending list and buying bits I want re lure fishing and now want to buy some Boga's

Always up for a bargain , does anyone know of a reasonable price/place to buy from?

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I'm slowly getting through my ever growing never ending list and buying bits I want re lure fishing and now want to buy some Boga's

Always up for a bargain , does anyone know of a reasonable price/place to buy from?

There are often deals on them in the UK at Orvis. Wouldnt you be better off trying a bit of horse-trading with your own Mr Fish though :?: Offer him some Jelly Beans or a back-tickle, or something for a deal !!! :p

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are often deals on them in the UK at Orvis. Wouldnt you be better off trying a bit of horse-trading with your own Mr Fish though :?: Offer him some Jelly Beans or a back-tickle, or something for a deal !!! :p
I think I'l leave the back-tickling to you m8 :)

I'm not saying I wont buy local as could use my gold card, but always good to compare, times are hard just back from hols, had a week haggling for stuff in Egypt !

·
Registered
340 Posts
I think it has to be Boga as I'm realising "buy cheap buy twice" is becoming apparent to this game!

Keith showed me his Boga's that he has had for over 15yrs and barely a mark on them and still work perfect!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I use mine in the kayak and from shore... a few years old and not a speck of rust on it..
It sits in a puddle of salt water for hours on end in the yak and i often forgot to rince it when i got home.:???:
well worth the money and if i deep six mine by mistake i WILL buy another Boga...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Get the Ocean grip with built in scale!! Lighter than the Bogas, Excellent quality a little more expensive but worth it, Get them from Eastackle singapore.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Get the Ocean grip with built in scale!! Lighter than the Bogas, Excellent quality a little more expensive but worth it, Get them from Eastackle singapore.
This is almost the reply you would expect from Si Lewis - ask specifically about Boga's and get told to buy something else. ;-)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Or just buy a new set every year!!lol. No Keiths right bogas have a great track record, Still the Ocean grips havent let me down.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers for replys and secret squirel Pm's ;-)

For those that are interested the cheapest I have found through suggestion is Boga 15lb's delivered for £85.00

Had a look at that East Tackle Michael - didnt like the look of the grips, but had a look around and there stuff is VVV-Cheap with free worldwide delivery, massive savings on HP's , shame they dont have any SP's to sell tho as no HP for me latley.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Cheers for replys and secret squirel Pm's ;-)

For those that are interested the cheapest I have found through suggestion is Boga 15lb's delivered for £85.00
Bite that hand off..

no HP for me latley.
If you want to chase some big water Bass into winter we might need them m8.
There are 2 types in particular I want to re-adopt next season so you may as well join the party.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Have seen the holder (sheath) before but not the actual grip.
I notice that it dosn't rotate like the 'normal' ones.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I think it says that it does rotate, but that you can lock it to stop it rotating if you want. Looks good value, but not sure that it's a real boga

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Reactions: Dr.Thomas k

·
Banned
792 Posts
...ok, the test Vidar posted was really good, thx Vidar. By the way, what did you do with your Lipper26? It went to the dustbin finally?

Cheers
Thomas

1 - 20 of 21 Posts