The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just wondering what you use to secure your boga to avoid losing it, never to be found again?

I was toying with the idea of a float, but didn't think it would be very practical. So would love to hear what works for you and what hasn't.

·
Registered
779 Posts
mares do great laynards - take a look in a dive shop

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I got a good spiral lanyard from plat, and have it clipped to a carabiner on my wading belt. Its not going anywhere!

·
Registered
519 Posts
i made mine and keith's out of the curly telephone cord, used it for years no problems so far, now simon lewis as one as well so we'll have to see how he's getting on with his as well.

all the best

kev

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
i made mine and keith's out of the curly telephone cord, used it for years no problems so far, now simon lewis as one as well so we'll have to see how he's getting on with his as well.

all the best

kev
Kev,

Have seen the one you made for Simon, utter F**king genius !!!!!!!!!!!! I will be making myself one, thanks for sharing.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
They may be the same. Either way these are also saltwater and chlorine friendly. If you read the blurb they are actually recommended for scuba diving and are selling for £17.81.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Many thanks for that Walter.

I saw these a while ago on ebay.com but couldn't find a UK seller at the time. I have just ordered a stainless steel clip version for my 15lb bogas, which unfortunately won't be in stock for a couple of weeks (but willing to wait as I prefer SS over brass), I will feedback on them when they arrive.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Hi Lee,

No probs. The model I gave the link to is not brass, it's a synthetic snap clip, which I personally think may be more versatile. As you know they have loads of versions including a brass clip and a stainless steel, (measuring tape style).

Below is where I originally saw them, where the U.S. manufacturer also markets them as a boga/landing net retainer, this is the exact same model as on my original link to the U.K. retailer:

http://www.gearkeeper.com/flyfish/landingnetretrac.html

As I mentioned previously they recommend a different model for the 30 boga.

Anyway I hope you get what you need.

All the best,

Walter

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks again Barry, I decided to go for a metal type clip instead of a plastic one as I thought it would be more durable and hardwearing, then I had to decide between SS and Brass.

To be honest, they all look like quality gear and would all of been suitable and if I knew of the stock situation, I would of probably gone for one of the other options. However I am happy to wait now and be happy that I can stop having to panic about losing it, especially as I have been taking the bogas of some wrecking charters I have been doing lately!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts