The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Bob,

For me, no scales.

I don't like the idea of hanging a fish by its neck to weigh it (or lift it out of the sea without supporting its body). I have done it in the past, I'll admit, but I try not to do it now.

Handy for holding a fish's mouth when trebles are looking dangerous though.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
real boga grips are awesome..

no contest imho.

They have scales but they aren't super fine..the 15lb version measures in 4oz increments.
Ours have been through the mill and are about 95% as shiny as when new over 10 years ago.

Self serviced with a strip down, clean and lube just twice in that time.
Highly recommended.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have been thinking about buying some sort of Bogga Grip for some time, but only want to have to buy one that is Ok for salt water.

If Pat has the really good ones I wonder how much they are?

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
I too have seen a few with the ocean grippers, when you compare them to the boga is it just individual taste, or is there a preferred one between the two?

Do the boga's come in different sizes?

·
Registered
24 Posts
bobjameson said:
Cheers rapalajoe .
the ocean grippers were the ones i was looking for :lol:
Damn that pricey man....say quite few guys using them here...dependable and never seen any that corode so far...good design....made from alluminium .frankly i prefered them more because of safety factor to control fish while holding them....at the same time distance ur hand from the treble hook....got friend that have to hold fish that hooked to the plug and 3 treble hooked to his hand went to the doctor...miserable....btw theres other choice wch made in taiwan if not mistaken...nearly identical....cheaper too.....maybe vidar know bout that....and the taiwan made i saw last time have the scale and pivot jaw.cheeerrss...

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I've got the Berkeley (?) trigger version (got it from **** when i was out there in the summer). But i've wanted to get a scales for a while to weigh my double when i get it, so i bought a 'proper' Boga recently. Got the 15lb version in a deal from Orvis for £80 delivered !!!! Have some of that my son !!!!!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
RapalaJoe said:
bobjameson said:
Cheers rapalajoe .
the ocean grippers were the ones i was looking for :lol:
Damn that pricey man....say quite few guys using them here...dependable and never seen any that corode so far...good design....made from alluminium .frankly i prefered them more because of safety factor to control fish while holding them....at the same time distance ur hand from the treble hook....got friend that have to hold fish that hooked to the plug and 3 treble hooked to his hand went to the doctor...miserable....btw theres other choice wch made in taiwan if not mistaken...nearly identical....cheaper too.....maybe vidar know bout that....and the taiwan made i saw last time have the scale and pivot jaw.cheeerrss...
know Rivalley (RBB) make one that is similar to the Ocean grip, although it's without the scames (I think). Only about £45 though and the RBB range is built for saltwater too so could be an option. :cool:

·
Registered
1,789 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is the 2 lipper that i've play with in tackle shop here recently...i got nothing to do with the company or seller....just got the site while searching for the pic of them to show it here....the 'FRICHY' is not very well made....still in aluminum but poorly built ,loose and wobbly.The 'pro-fish' is sturdy and well made.cheeerrrssss....
http://img.alibaba.com/photo/250496218/Aluminium_Fishing_Lip_Grip_Fish_Grip_Boga_Grip_FG002_.jpg
http://cgi.ebay.com/ProFish-3-in-1-...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item439af65877

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
RapalaJoe said:
This is the 2 lipper that i've play with in tackle shop here recently...i got nothing to do with the company or seller....just got the site while searching for the pic of them to show it here....the 'FRICHY' is not very well made....still in aluminum but poorly built ,loose and wobbly.The 'pro-fish' is sturdy and well made.cheeerrrssss....
http://img.alibaba.com/photo/250496218/Aluminium_Fishing_Lip_Grip_Fish_Grip_Boga_Grip_FG002_.jpg
http://cgi.ebay.com/ProFish-3-in-1-...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item439af65877
Aaaaah, that Frichy one is like the RBB one I was thinking of. The pro-fish' looks good though!!

·
Registered
932 Posts
The Ocean Grip 2100 looks very nice.

If I were to get a lip grip though it would have to be one with scales. If I hook a lunker one day I want to be sure as near as damn it it's over the 10lb mark.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts