The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lads I know this is a lure forum, however looking for advice on how to fish with these floats;set up weights best brands, stockists etc. More important has anybody used the Bombarda floats to good effect for Seatrout and Bass in local waters. I know the Danes rate them big time, however looking for info by fellows that have used them closer to home.
regards
Bob

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Bombardas and lures don't mix then???
That's what they're for Tim. Basically adding casting weight to very light lures or flies.

The main or only thing I don't get with them though is how people cast such long hooklengths on short rods? I know that there are longer rods made to use with them, but don't hear of them being used?

·
Registered
779 Posts
That's what they're for Tim. Basically adding casting weight to very light lures or flies.

The main or only thing I don't get with them though is how people cast such long hooklengths on short rods? I know that there are longer rods made to use with them, but don't hear of them being used?
I think a longer rod is an advantage (some people use a 3m drop) - when casting lay the dropper on the water (much easier if wading I guess)

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Yes, you are basically 'skagit' casting.
leader stays in the water, ahead of you as an optimum.

I'll write something down when i get chance. We are chasing fish right now and losing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts