The Lure Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am i underestimating my boner as i have cast 1 1/2oz leads with mine and the odd 2oz but is this guy having a laugh or is someone taking the p#@s

and theres me just bought a Diawa kenzaki 12-20 boat rod for me yaking and all along me Boner could re write the Titanic

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231723

·
Registered
554 Posts
LOL
That's my thread lol.
Do you not reckon it would be up to the job?
Would love any input..
I think some of the gear we use will take a lot more stick than some people imagine.
When mulleting in spain on the ebro I regularly use my stc 10-30gm speedmaster for lobbing 4oz method feeders, doesn't even complain lol. Have had cats over 40lb by accident doing this.
Also used it when wrecking in the summer in 180ft to see how far I could push it, no problem with cod to double figures, as long as you don't high stick it's unbelievable what they'll take.
I have a yak and wouldn't dream of a 12-20lb boat rod, unless in deep water fast tides etc.
Cheers mate.
Isidore.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont think id like to try a 4oz on my savage boner, but its niggling me to try ?? i too have a yak and never really thought of using the boner for cod, its going to be a diawa kenzaki 12-20lb,

ill give mine a try this summer

sorry for the above post

·
Registered
554 Posts
Don't worry about it mate. Sounded a bit nuts to me as well that someones using it just for codding!

Can't wait to get one now and try snap it in 3 on some jacks.

Will be interesting to know how the one going to kenya stands up.

Isidore

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
No worries, I kinda had this conversation yesterday. The boner is gonna be paired with a Navi 8000, so be good to see how it fairs out there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts