The Lure Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its the four harbor bumble tonight and I thought I'd pop out last night for a cheeky practice.

I arrived at Bonne Nuit at 20:00hrs and there was a fresh force 2-3 southerly, water clarity was really good and there was a slight chop. There was only one guy fishing when I turned up and he was flicking between bait and hard plastic lures, on talking to the guy he said he hadn't had much luck and was thinking of packing up and going home for a steak. Bugger it I wasn't going to be put off by this, I had a stomach full of greek salad and was ready to fish!

I had my new rod a cormoran tr4 6-28g, new reel a cormoran 2500 loaded with 10lb braid ( still felt there was nothing wrong with the old tug rope i was using prior to this, lol), the SP lure i was using was an adapted megabass hazedong with a 3.5g jig head. All ready to go, I casted out from the sea wall about 15m and slowly controlled the lure on the drop, I worked the lure in a slow lift and controlled drop action. Approx half way through the retrieve BANG BANG, the rod tip bent at an impressive angle and tapped away the result a nice pollack of probably just under two pound. Second cast and the same retrieve , again BANG. Another pollack of similiar size. This pattern continued for about another hour and a half and resulted in six pollack in total and one lost on the pull up the harbor wall.

The thing I really enjoyed about last night was apart from not breaking another rod but was how all the advice from Keith Kevin and Mark just all fell into place. Light gear fished with a technique and all the fish were taken on the drop. Now my biggest upset of the night was that i took some cracking photo's of all the fish and it wasn't till I got home that i realised that the memory chip wasn't in the camera, I hope the Tuesday Thursday boys believe me as they know that it sometimes takes me a while to catch and i promise this isn't a fishy tale. I just hope I can replicate last nights success and good look to all the losers, sorry people who'll be out tonight. LOL

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done Jamo ! Cracking report, shame there is no pic's.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Good work Jamo! Nice to catch some after the bait boys hadn't been confident!!

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Great report Jamo.
Nice to read this stuff from an alternate perspective.
Lets hope tonight throws up some fish. Weather is obviously doing its worse as expected..

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the trust guys, sorry no pics.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol. will be keeping it a two piece.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Report will follow when our missing media man is located after a brush with the law last night.

It was extremely hard but, brilliant turnout and great banter...

Like I said, report to follow, just waiting for the majority of pics and a starter post. Then I'll add what I've got and the post bumble report.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts