The Lure Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:shock:Better late than ever :-D.

Well on Saturday morning at 8 am i met up with Steve in the Car park of Mc Donalds. After a quick introduction and realising that the day wasnt going to be a re enactment of Deliverance ( but i was packing protection, much to Steves amusement later on) we jumped in the car and blasted down to Bosh.

After ariving at 9 am we quickly got out of the car and headed down to the lake.

I never would have believed what happened then, first cast Steves lure got hit, second cast fish on!! I couldnt believe it! Good angling ;)

After a nice little battle i netted the pike of 11lb.
No pics unfortunately due to the fish being very lively and making its early escape.

And as you can imagine, now the score was 1-0 already there was some serious banter being sent my way. Few swims later and still no fish, made worse by meeting Gwyn who also proceeded to jest in my Bad angling ( nice meeting you mate :) ).

But by now Steve was getting a bit embarassed that i hadnt caught one and decided to turn into a guide until i did get one - bloody good guide he is too.

Few swims later and a lure change saw me finally hook into a pike which gave a lovely little account of himself. It weighed in at 8lb.

I was chuffed and relieved, mainly due to the fact that Steve could no longer take the **** due to my bad angling. Really greatful for his help as it was a tough day condition wise.

Now that i had popped my cherry so to speak Steve got back into his fishing.

Another couple of hour passed without any fish on the bank but a few missed. There was a heck of a chop on the water so Steve decided it would be best to go and find some more sheltered water.

He was bang on the money again and 2 lost fish later ( one each), BAD ANGLING? :-o:shock: we was finally hooked up with another decent fish. This one however didnt want to play ball and decided to make it as hard as possible for Steve. The legend who is Steve however managed to wangle the fish out of the weed and safetly into the net, jammy bugger. And here was the result a cracking 12lber.

All in all a great day, i throughly enjoyed and was bloody cream crackered.

And in all seriousness, Steve is a LEGEND .

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Very nice report there Llyr !!! So glad that you made it back in one piece from a day alone in the woods with Steve ;).

Some very nice Crocs banked there :clap:.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeh si he almost ****ed himself laughin when he found one of my pen kinfes on the floor of his car
:D

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Well done on getting out there and catching with Steve - no mean feat! Good to see you on the board, Llyr.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Well done Llyr, Not so much 'bad angling' ;) great to see you, I could see you were nervous from the pressure of fishing with a legend ;) (ps, how much did he charge for being a guide?????????????)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
theyre stunning fish mate, and are deffinately fighting harder now the water temps have dropped a bit. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great report Llyr and it was nice to meet up with you at last :wink: Fishing was hard with the North Wind but we did manage to find some sheltered spots and the fish started to play ball, if all our takes turned in to hook ups we would have had a good day, but hey that's fishing :p

PS, No need to bring a weapon next time either :wink:

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
well well llyr you can catch lol well done mate i might just share a room with you on that bumble ?????

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
go for it kev ;). would be a laugh, and steve that wasnt a weapon! there was a much bigger knife on my multi tool

1 - 14 of 14 Posts