The Lure Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered what others prefer as a main line? I know one very good Perch lure angler only used f/c right through in 20lb, preferring it to braid. Been new I'm just looking for some answers really?

Does anyone fish bigger rivers like the Trent, Wye, Thames for perch on plastics, and if so do you use the Ned Rig at all?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just wondered what others prefer as a main line? I know one very good Perch lure angler only used f/c right through in 20lb, preferring it to braid. Been new I'm just looking for some answers really?

Does anyone fish bigger rivers like the Trent, Wye, Thames for perch on plastics, and if so do you use the Ned Rig at all?
I don't fish freshwater but when I lure fish for Bass I use 20lb braid and a fluorocarbon leader of about 3 foot. Use a double uni knot to connect the two lines together. Hope that helps.
Saltwater and freshwater predator fishing uses the same setup but a bit heavier line unless you're fishing for pike of course then it will be the same with an added wire trace instead of a fluorocarbon leader. Use a palomar knot to tie the braid to the wire leader.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts