The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never found a pair of Braid Scissors that meet my exptectations, BUT I purchased some Owner ones last week for £13 at Mr Fish and they are great.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Nick Phillips said:
I use the Berkely ones and they are brilliant.

I thought the Berkley were tat & expensive - I use Grauvell & theyre way better imo (just from the cutting side of things)

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Spitfire66 said:
Nick Phillips said:
I use the Berkely ones and they are brilliant.

I thought the Berkley were tat & expensive - I use Grauvell & theyre way better imo (just from the cutting side of things)
Mine work very well with the PP.
The first thing I did was to throw away the naff holster thing,I now carry them in a small box.
I do know what you mean about them looking a bit "tat",they work well but for how long :?: :?: :)

·
Registered
779 Posts
Nick Phillips said:
Spitfire66 said:
[quote="Nick Phillips":2m3nz6aw]I use the Berkely ones and they are brilliant.

Mine work very well with the PP.
The first thing I did was to throw away the naff holster thing,I now carry them in a small box.
I do know what you mean about them looking a bit "tat",they work well but for how long :?: :?: :)[/quote:2m3nz6aw]

The thing was the actual cutting - even though berkley say the braid doesnt need to be under tension it does tbh - with my cheaper grauvell jobbies I can just "snip" and get a clean cut

I actually thought the berkley ones look smart (threw my holster away on purchase too lol - just like the berkley lip grip holster)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spitfire66 said:
[The thing was the actual cutting - even though berkley say the braid doesnt need to be under tension it does tbh - with my cheaper grauvell jobbies I can just "snip" and get a clean cut)
Yes the thing that struck me with the Owner braid scissors was that they cut braid with no tension on the braid.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
The Squid said:
Spitfire66 said:
[The thing was the actual cutting - even though berkley say the braid doesnt need to be under tension it does tbh - with my cheaper grauvell jobbies I can just "snip" and get a clean cut)
Yes the thing that struck me with the Owner braid scissors was that they cut braid with no tension on the braid.
Embaresingly I did actually use the crappy holster thing for a bit :oops: :oops: :oops: :)

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
The Squid said:
Spitfire66 said:
My Berkley ones do need a bit of tension to cut,,,I think I have been missing out and may need to re invest.

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
I have had the Owner ones for a few years now and they are still brilliant!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts