The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With a pain in my neck from watching the TT, Decided to head out for a quick session today, have been wanting to explore some of the deeper rock marks that looked very nice when I passed on the ferry. Headed off not having a clue where I was headed but hoping to find some deepwater rock mark having wrasse and pollock in mind....
After a bit of driving found a mark which looked nice, went for a look and boy the water was deep crystal clear and few kelp beds :-D ....pollock!!!!

After walking up along a trail for a while found exactly what I was looking for,, made my way out onto a small little headland and threw on the xlayer expecting some fish,, I wasnt disappointed and on my 3rd cast landed a nice pollock came in just over 5lb on my scales,, Iv had plenty of good scraps off nice bass but this one I wont forget for a while my rookie was under serious pressure with the long powerful runs of the fish, have often heard of the first run from a pollack and I wasnt disappointed seriously good fun. Anyways landed another small pollock just over a pound before the rain had me off home for a bit of dinner.

Also these guys on the bikes one word LUNATICS!!! This guy in the picture averaged over 130mph today!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
That is a nice Pollock J, great report :-D

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Cracking Pollock there James !!!!

Not long till i'm over in your neck of the woods for a chuck again !! WOoooooo Hhoooooooooooo :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cracking Pollock there James !!!!

Not long till i'm over in your neck of the woods for a chuck again !! WOoooooo Hhoooooooooooo :D
Nice one,, Il be home for the first week or two of July, give me a shout if your over then and Il head out for few casts with yea....

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
James

Have you not found any Manx bars of silver yet????
Had my first run in with these elusive manx bass the other day (last good tides) lure got followed in by 3 fish one swiped at the lure at my feet but didnt take it properly,, delighted to know theres some knocking about thou....next decent tides hopefully will get some action!! Have you had any joy with the silver fellas yet??

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
No I haven't. Last year I started catching in May but I'm only just hearing of a few about around here now.
Fishing over the TT fortnight is near impossible for me because of my job.
Port Mooar were you caught your pollack looks very bassy but I've fished there since I was a boy & never heard of a bass there, even on the small beach area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts