The Lure Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys im after a pair of breathable waders but im on a bit of a budget got about 120 quid tops ,also any tips on buying them online with regards to sizes, thanks for any help guys.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Greys G-Series waders are one of the better options in your price bracket Keith. Try and buy the waders & boots from the same place as you are more likely to get a deal on the pair to bring it in inside your budget.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys and cheers for bringing up them links steve should of done a search myself really sorry about that .I like the look of the g series but all the boot combos seem to be with felt soles and i think i would be better off with studded but having used neither its hard to tell .Thanks again and i'll let you know what i get.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Thanks for the info guys and cheers for bringing up them links steve should of done a search myself really sorry about that .I like the look of the g series but all the boot combos seem to be with felt soles and i think i would be better off with studded but having used neither its hard to tell .Thanks again and i'll let you know what i get.
No probs Keith, it has taken me 4 months to start using the search function, butsit is also nice to get some replies as there are many new members that would not have contributed to those threads !

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers steve cant for the life of me choose large or mk off the greys website how can this be so complicated.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Min were more than that (£180) but just got the Greys GRXI breahables and boots and they actually fit my arse in them with space!!!!! Now that's an acheivement!! I'll do a review once Ive used them a bit.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Hi guys im after a pair of breathable waders but im on a bit of a budget got about 120 quid tops ,also any tips on buying them online with regards to sizes, thanks for any help guys.
Hi Keith give mrfish a call. thoses guys hooked me up on monday with a great set of greys waders and I used them tuesday and there great!

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
You have waders Richie!! Did Callum get any? I wear mine all the time now, even when I am not going wading. Mine leak pretty badly though, so have made yet more repairs to where I think the water is coming in. There is more Aquasure than neoprene now on the sock part I think.

I am also in the market for a pair around the ton mark.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Hi Keith give mrfish a call. thoses guys hooked me up on monday with a great set of greys waders and I used them tuesday and there great!
Ah, you've got waders now.
Didn't know MrFish did children's sizes m8. Useful Info that.

Anyway, that will open up a few marks we can get too. Just got to get your sidekick sorted now and we are away.

On the subject of waders, all waders used heavily around proper Bass marks are crap. They all tend to get punctured so, I'd say, buy the best cheap ones out there and expect a season of hard use. Me and Kev have had wader from £60 thru to £450 and none have lasted. Wetsuits for us in warmer water but, out of the lot of them, the Snowbee waders are still going and that is after a full season of sliding around on the stones etc. They were not expected to last but, they have. Getting tired now though so it won't be long. Still worth the money though. The boots are long dead mind but they still worked great considering the punishment.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Keith White said:
Ah, you've got waders now.
Didn't know MrFish did children's sizes m8. Useful Info that.

Anyway, that will open up a few marks we can get too. Just got to get your sidekick sorted now and we are away.
Kids sizes lol! You crack me up! I think Callums getting some soon. I belive its a toss up between waders and the HRF stingray rod

·
Registered
239 Posts
I've got some Orvis ones. They are superb and whats even better is that their guarantee is rock solid. Hole them and you just send them back and they give you a new pair. No questions asked. Just got a new pair for 2010 after tearing the last pair on some barbed wire. Thankyou very much.

Would definately get seperate boots and waders. Bootfoot models don't give you enough support and if you slip you're more likely to damage your ankle.

·
Registered
364 Posts
is the orvis guarantee that good....? i am just about to get some bottom(ish) of the range breathable waders - prob greys grxi (off to greys/ hardy factory shop tomorrow - just passing - convenient) but live reasonably close to an orvis shop in hants and might be a better idea to wait and get orvis ones if they do such a good guarantee.

do they repair/ replace free of charge even if you've put the hole in them - and for how long.....

also - do they do it on all their waders - even the lower end of the range - such as those in the link?

r

·
Registered
20 Posts
Keith,

I have used the Wychwood breathable chest waders for 2 seasons and they have been fine, You can get them with boots for just under £100 (google them) but I would recommend that you are a bit more choosy about the boots as the ones I got as part of the deal did not last very long - they split at the heel. I replaced them with Greys studded boots which suit me very well, buy a size bigger than your normal shoe size. I know a lot of guys prefer an all felt sole or felt sole with screw in studs added. I once walked to a remote hill loch in the hebrides in felt soles and spent a lot of time on my arse as they would not grip on grassy banks.

I also have a couple of pairs of non breathable Ocean studded chesties which I also find to be up to the job. They are quick to get on and off and unless it is a really sweltering day are not a problem to wear. They have very nice studs that grip well on rocks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
re; cheap breatherble chesties.

I, found this site via fleabay :www.fishingmad.co.uk.
they list some from about £60+ P&P! which i thought was so cheap it put me off ordering!.I,m still looking to get my first pair of b/able chesties and i,m on a tight budget so any advice is very welcome cheers
Matt.w

·
Registered
884 Posts
I also use the Wychwood waders not to bad. Get a year out of them (x2 per) but keep wearing holes in the back of the heal:evil: Looked at the Bison waders on ebay seen one shop that was doing them + boots + a weding stick fot £90

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
cheers for all the help guys i think im going to get the bison ones at £90 with a pair of felt studded boots looks like a good deal they seem to get favourable reviews on a few fluff chucking forums i've had a gander at ,not sure how the boots will be for the terrain i cover but they will do till i can afford some more .

·
Registered
239 Posts
is the orvis guarantee that good....? i am just about to get some bottom(ish) of the range breathable waders - prob greys grxi (off to greys/ hardy factory shop tomorrow - just passing - convenient) but live reasonably close to an orvis shop in hants and might be a better idea to wait and get orvis ones if they do such a good guarantee.

do they repair/ replace free of charge even if you've put the hole in them - and for how long.....

also - do they do it on all their waders - even the lower end of the range - such as those in the link?

r
The guarantee is rock solid. Whatever is wrong with them they either repair or replace. Normally replace. Such good service. Not sure if its the whole range but just check the website and see if it applies to the pair you want. Look for the lifetime guarantee tag.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just looked at the Orvis site, and got this from the "Wader Repair" section.

If your waders fail due to a manufacturing or materials defect, Orvis will repair or replace them at our discretion, free of charge. This guarantee does not cover abuse, improper care, accidents, or the normal breakdown of materials over time. All defective or damaged waders should be returned to Orvis for evaluation, or call Orvis direct at 0870 066 4188.

And this as well.......

For over 150 years, we have offered the strongest return policy in the business. We will refund your money on any purchase that isn't 100% satisfactory. Anytime, for any reason. It's that simple.

It almost seems too good to be true.

Not used my Orvis waders and boots yet, but if anything does mean that they need to be returned I will certainly report back !

1 - 20 of 35 Posts