The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
out with Derek Buesnel on the S/E coast today blowing force 4 towards a force 5 so not too nice. % fish came to the boat, 5.5 lbs 4,5lbs, 3.5 lbs and 2 around the 2lb mark The bigger fish caught on redgills whils the others were on swim senkos

Derek with his 5.5 lb fish

The fish being measured before some scales are removed for BASS research

Scales being removed on one of the smaller fish

The 3.5 lb fish having dropped the redgill. Note that Derek still uses the old redgills on a Jig head

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Very nice Alan.......couple of lovely fish there mate...... Do I need to get my old redgills out and dusted off before I come over next month?.......:???::???:

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Bob....you don't mean you like it hard do you.....:shock::shock:

Never confused........:muttley::muttley:

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Lovely dark back on that 5lb'er !! Wouldnt want to have been out with you in those conditions though . . . i'd have been laying a chum trail over the side !!!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Lovely fish that 5.5lber. Braver than me going out in a F4-5 in small boat! F3 is usually our limit but then I guess we were always fishing a long way offshore (3 miles+) and I assume you are fishig inshore?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Hi Alan

Thought i Saw you and Derek out there now confirmed with Derek`s hat, i kept more inshore on the kayak due to the wind will give a wave next time .

Tony

·
Registered
229 Posts
Interesting way to rig red gills, thanks for that.

I see your BRP badge has fallen off your engine, same as mine did!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Great !!!!!to see some nice fish again Alan/Derek,well done.

Someone did say "the fish are coming"

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to this forum so - hi guys
Just had a week in jersey kayaking and generally getting blown around. Had a nice bass saturday on a berkeley power worm on the high almost on top of Icho- just chucked out and left, not a lot else you can do in that wind. Had a 4lber on a Mr twister Exude dart earlier in the week. Don't know of anyone else using this lure but have had a few bass on them now.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Had a good weekend Sunday being the best day 4 fish to 7lb. And it was very breezy.

Two fish this morning on a patchinko my first on the top this year, only thing is the lure was almost as big as the fish.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts