The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bright, becalmed and bassless.......but

that almost sums up my latest trip.......

it was strangely bizarre and I caught some beautiful Ballans!!!.

Went out this morning on the Lizard and once the sun was up, it was like mid-summer, bees, butterflies and even saw a couple of house martins. It was all a bit surreal after a pretty chilly start which saw me with hat, coat and gloves on.

I have been going great guns on the bass the last month or so but none today. The conditions were against me. By 10 in the morning, the sun was full on and the sea was absolutely flat, I couldnt believe it had flattened off so much so quickly after the recent gales.

Had a couple of tweaks early on mid ebb, a fish on and straight off, a couple of small pollack, then nothing until the tide slackened off.

Then the Ballans switched on and went mad for the Xlayer, they were jumping on like mackerel. Boy did they want that lure, I saw several chasing the lure right up to the surface.

They were all beautifully marked fish and I had 6 in the end between 2.5 and 4 pounds on the bogas, all gratefully received on a tough day.

Photo0026.jpg Photo0021.jpg Photo0027.jpg Photo0025.jpg Photo0029.jpg

To be honest by the end I was trying to avoid them as they were taking a heavy toll on the SPs, but I couldnt short of bringing the Xlayer skimming across the top so I had to switch to the hard plastic :shock:.

Attachments

·
Banned
891 Posts
What lovely coloured fish.... Sounds like great fun, I only wish that if we get wrasse that size round here I knew where to find them!

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Brilliant Mark, well done :p

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Nice report Mark...stunning looking fish.........

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Read the title of your thread and thought it sounded a bit downbeat. Not so! That's a lovely collection of Wrasse you uncovered there Mark, thanks for sharing them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts