The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only my second post and very much a novice so please bear with me if this has been discussed before

Spent a bit of time looking on various blogs and the concensus would seem to be bright lures for clear water and bright days and darker ones for cloudy days and murkier sea conditions. Seems odd to me
Have you experienced anglers found this to be the case?

Phil

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Great article Guys,
I was chatting to Andy the other day-Great Guy, a wealth of knowledge lure fishing wise.
Not so sure about colour, as I prefer natural translucent colours. But on bright days A lure with plenty of flash (silver sides) seems to help, I am sure the flash of sunlight off the side must be visable a good distance underwater. On overcast days darker matt lures seem to score better.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Hi Phil, welcome to the forum. Lots of variables for the scenarios really, but one thing I do stick to is using natural 'drab' colours when the water is clear. My thinking is that when the fish can see the lure clearly, an accurate representation of the baitfish you are attempting to imitate will pay off. Thats a general rule for me, but sometimes you'll be sticking to that, then throw on a bright orange Zonk and get a fish on straight away!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks guys and epecially Iestyn - loads more info to take in on your site Its now firmly in my favourites list.

I guess the bottom line is there are no hard and fast rules and every day is different, but my thinking seems mostly to go along with yours

Unfortunately it would seem I now need even more lures:wink:

·
Registered
323 Posts
you always need more lures .lures with rattels in them can be very good when the bite is slow fish pick up on the vibration and home in on it well thats the theory
best advice mix it up till something works applies to s/p as well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts