The Lure Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all im off to brussels next tuesday for a week, i might also get to bruge but not sure i have been trawling the internet for websites or tackle shops but cant find much, i know bruge is at the coast but not sure if they do much bass fishing??? Any tips advice would be great :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Kevin

There is a tackle shop in Oostend (close to Bruges) called sportvisser, just down from the station on the left (opp way to centre of town). Have seen a few people fishing the canals around bruges but don't know if there is a tackle shop.

In Brussels itself, there is Michels which is opposite metro stop Horta. the chap in there speaks good english. He stocks some interesting stuff, SPRO and Shimano.

Also there is a Decathlon store near metro stop Eddie Mercz on the outskirts of brussels. They do a bit of tackle as well.

On the food side of things try 'Passpartout' in Bruges . Traditional flemish food at very good prices. In Brussles try ' Le Pre Salle' near St Catherines metro again for trad food and not touristy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
As regards to the bass fishing , the coast is very shallow indeed, but i did hear that there is more chance if you head up toward the border with Holland. There is bass fishing in the dutch estuaries but the area is pretty vast so you need to get some local info on that.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks tony il check out all those tackle shops :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts