Bucktail info | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Bucktail info

Discussion in 'Metal Lures' started by {name}, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Sandeel

Hi all, i have been watching way too many stripper videos lately and its got me thinking about bucktails. I know nothing about them but i'm keen to learn more.

Does any one know of a good source of info on them? And could you point me in the right direction. I was thinking a good book or website that i could gleem some info from. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pollock

Maybe 'fishing the bucktail' by John skinner. You can get the first couple of chapters free on iBooks or that kind of app. He also has a you tube channel with some good info.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Striper

There is a stripper forum and a few of the guys on there make and sell some absolute stunning bucktails, the postage is a bit steep but you will not find any in the uk that are even close
    I think they worked out about a fiver each if you get 10 but that was without customs ( gifts of less than £50 don't pay customs ) the post was up to 2kg so would work out cheaper if you got more

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sandeel

Thanks both for the info. I have found the book on amazon shame the paper version in not available but at least i can have the kindle version straight away.

I have never really heard of any one using these here. I was thinking they might be good when the conditions deteriorate and the big seas are in.

5. Pollock

I've been using them this year, had a codling and a big ass scorpion fish, hits of what I assume was a bass too. I've just scaled down the tackle for our fish. I've tied my own using jig heads from 5 to 15g. I've been repurposing old softies that don't get used as trailers.
    I go away for 9 days fishing next weekend so I'll be trying them again. I've been bouncing them along the bottom in tide rips rather than using them in snotty conditions because the light weights I'm using don't cast amazingly well.

6. Perch

I think that they have them teamed up with a Senko as well, hairy Caterpillar look