The Lure Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been messing around with some bucktail and heres the result.

The three at the top left are tied to 1" plastic tubing and are weighted with a small strip of lead to make them swim the right way up, i rekon these could be put inline on the leader with your choice of hook behind them using the point lure to get the required depth, or they could sit on the hookeye infront of a softplastic.

The middle left clouser is tied to a 2.5" brass tube which is also weighted it weighs in at 6.5g and can be used as above or even on its own.

Bottom left is just a standard clouser minnow.

Top right two are just tied to a jighead rigged with a xlayer and 4" sluggo.

And the bottom right is a 1 oz drilled lead weight cut up to about a 7g piece with a bit of bucktail tied around it, the idea is to put it infront of a soft plastic to add weight and some different colour, I will be making these in different weights and colours.

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do u rekon seatrout will go for those or is it worth knocking a few up in more traditional seatrout patterns.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Look good.

I find the lighter weight ones look superb almost skimmed near the surface with a jerking twitchy fast action like injured baby baitfish. Can't wait to hit the beaky and mack shoals in the summer with the 3.5g ones I made and LRF gear!!

·
Registered
519 Posts
do u rekon seatrout will go for those or is it worth knocking a few up in more traditional seatrout patterns.
i say yes, but you may need to keep them to the smaller sizes like 1/2 - 2" and maybe keep them on the sparse side, you could try more traditional colours if you like, but i don't think it would matter to much IMO.

kev

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was thinking i should do some with a more of a sparse dressing acutally, the 2.5" tube that i made is a bit too thick, I think the sparser dressing would create more action.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts