The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out for a day fishing session with a friend who had made it over from the UK for the weekend. We started off the day with a bit off bait fishing but with the swell we couldn't get out of St Aubins Bay, well we stayed out on the boat all day and after numerous episodes of nausea induced by the swell we managed to get into the gutters on the dropping tide around 3pm. My friend is just getting into fishing but thought lure fishing would be a good way of keeping the excitement up, so I set him up with a nice tackle house feed shallow to start with. Two minutes later and "jamo wheres the lure gone?", he hadn't lifted the bail arm.
Anyway this was a pattern which cost me about £60 in lures, By now I was so p28ssed off, I was such a muppet I had allowed my novice mate to use the best lures. I myself had chosen to fish with the savage ?115 lure in makeral. A fantastic lure which cost about £7. Well now in a foul mood, as my babies had gone to Davey jones locker I cast out one final time and BANG. A fantastic scrap and a beautiful bar of silver, once the fish was unhooked and photographed I returned the fish alive I notive the fish had totally bent the JB clip and during the battle it had prized open. The fish measured 58cm, so thats about 4.5 / 5lb but it was such a brute, fat from tail to snout. Well anyway that cheered me up loads and really made up for the lost lures, bit peeved about the bent clip though.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Nice fish indeed, Jamo. I always lend my guests lures at the cheaper end of the scale to prevent too many blushes!

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done Paul a great fish for you efforts, 60 quids worth of lures lost is not a good day, I vote you end the friendship unless he pays up :-D

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well done Paul a great fish for you efforts, 60 quids worth of lures lost is not a good day, I vote you end the friendship unless he pays up :-D
steve he's on the next plane home with a packet of sidewinders.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice fish indeed, Jamo. I always lend my guests lures at the cheaper end of the scale to prevent too many blushes!
I now know a lesson learned, but it totally turned the day around catching the fish.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great report, nice fish.

Things are looking up after the storm.
Shame the tides are dropping away.
I know Keith, but the boat engine is playing up so not so bad. God i hate marine engineers. Does anyone one know of a honda approved mechanic? and one that has no association to hunting???

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know Keith, but the boat engine is playing up so not so bad. God i hate marine engineers. Does anyone one know of a honda approved mechanic? and one that has no association to hunting???
sorry just read my original post, and I must say it was devised under the influence of Stella and a girlfriend in a rush to get out. Sorry again.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Kev is an approved mech. I think Honda but not marine engines. Not 100% on that though.
PM him.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Nice one Jamo. My part time mates tend to get the cheaper lures also! Slightly worrying about the clip as well.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Never had a JB open up in many years of using them. Had them pulled so hard that the clip is stretched and the retaining part slides down toward the lure, but none failed.

Don't tell me you can break JBs as well Jamo!

·
Registered
498 Posts
nice one jamo, great report aswell, unlucky bout the feedshallows, iv got a brand new fs mullet unopened if you want it, ***** out of stock m8, send me a pm if you interesd, see you soon

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Never had a JB open up in many years of using them. Had them pulled so hard that the clip is stretched and the retaining part slides down toward the lure, but none failed.

Don't tell me you can break JBs as well Jamo!
If they make it, surely jamo could break it! lol

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nice one jamo, great report aswell, unlucky bout the feedshallows, iv got a brand new fs mullet unopened if you want it, ***** out of stock m8, send me a pm if you interesd, see you soon
cheers mate, should be ok. Have a secret stash in the back of the wardrobe the other half don't know about so will pull a few out.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Nice write up Paul, sorry to hear about the lures.....snigger snigger. As for the JB, I havnt had one open in 15 years of using them, you did land the fish though so it aint all bad. Lovely boat you got there too mate, I was checking it out from my balcony window when you were stopped at the traffic lights outside my gaff on saturday....

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cheers ****. No doubt you shall see me soon when I come in to top up the arsenal.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts