The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out that i have to go into hospital on Tuesday for shoulder surgery, that buggers up my fishing for the next three months. So come January i should be near bionic and rearing to go, so good luck to you all and good fishing.

Mr. Brown.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Unlucky - ah the next 3 months will be crap anyway , and January is the good month (if you like squid) ;-)

·
Registered
769 Posts
Dont be tempted to ignore the advice on rehab times given to you by the orthopedic docs / physios or it may be summer 11 before you can fish!!

Given you have been told 3 months I'd guess an anterior stabalisation / bankart repair on your shoulder. If its a subachromial decompression (the most common form of shoulder surgery) you may be casting again (if it goes well) by late Nov as some progress quickly and rehab does not follow a strict protocol.

Good luck

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Bloody Hell Matt anyone would think you knew what you were talking about there :wink:

Seriously why is my Rotor Cuff injury still playing me up after 12 months :-(

·
Registered
769 Posts
Bloody Hell Matt anyone would think you knew what you were talking about there :wink:

Seriously why is my Rotor Cuff injury still playing me up after 12 months :-(
Cos Nigel you keep wafting that fly rod around like a dyspraxic trying to fend off a wasp with a limp stick of celery.:wink:

Was it about 12 months ago you started fly fishing?

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Cos Nigel you keep wafting that fly rod around like an dyspraxic trying to fend off a wasp with a limp stick of celery.:wink:

Was it about 12 months ago you started fly fishing?
Sorry to be sorting my shoulder problem out on here but........................

No Matt I'm right handed & it's my left shoulder. I will let you manipulate me at Shell 2011 in the communal tent after some tramp juice :wink:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks

Thanks guys,

for your comments and sympathy, in expectation of the post subachromial decompression convalesence period i have just installed a samsung surround system and, i may well be popping down to "Monsieur Poisson" with the Italian coffee perculator.

Thanks to all

Mr. Brown

1 - 10 of 10 Posts