The Lure Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Myself and John got there about midday on Friday, had some lunch, then John had to tend to some work stuff. After a couple of hours we ent over to Malc's at ABC Tackle to pick his brains, he advised us on a mark and off we went. The Straits were phenomenal! As it started to flood it was like a river in full flood, we didn't really know how to fish it but wet our lines at least.

Saturday started at silly o'clock with a line of 6 anglers standing in the gloom with the Straits flat calm in front of us. Amazing scenery as the sun came up over the mountains. We tried for about 3(?) hours with no fish except Daz's chug bug follow and Rob had a follow off a PB fish so he was buzzing. A fab bacon butty in Menai where there it was heaving with Feds and we moved on to Lynas Point and more fantastic scenery. I decided on SPs and second cast had a little wrasse on a swim senko - first fish of anyone of the whole weekend! - a bit later had what seemed like the same one on the new LRF outfit to a Kypoto Relax shad, christening the new reel. On regrouping at the cars found I was the only one to get anything which was incredible considering the quality of the location. In hindsight I should have gone with the feeling in my waters and gone to the deeper West side, but then I wouldn't have had my twin baby Wrasse. ho hum!

A move to Rhoscolyn yielded yet more spectacular views. We split into two groups and my group yomped off to a deep water mark where Fin had three Callig (two of which I'm fairly sure he bought at the fairground and brought with him in a plastic bag ;-) ) and another larger one. I had not a peck, Rob lost another HP or two ;-). Graeme then gave Rob some SPs whereupon he had the biggest Wrasse of the 3 days, 1st or 2nd cast, a full 2lb-er! A yomp back to the cars and back to Beaumaris. Glenn then accidentaly found me at the bar in my hotel; he was stood right next to me - I'd never met him - and asked for John Orrell (who was staying at another hotel) :!: We went down to the Liverpool Arms and myself, Rob and John a fantastic meatfest, the mixed grill. After a few pints I was done in and stumbled off to bed.

Sunday morning, at a respectable hour, we met Mo, Steve Butler and Ian Morris at ABC and went up by Puffin Island where we fished the white water where two tides meet. A move back down to Penmon yielded a solitary schoolie for Mo. John decided to head off home, I transferred to Glen's car and we went back to Saturday morning's mark. I missed the turning and couldn't direct Glenn to the mark, so us two decided to call it a day and head off to Liverpool. We phoned Rob as we were leaving who told us that Mo had had another Bass, a 3lb-er this time :!:

Thanks to all to the chaps for showing us around the beautiful Isle of Anglesey. Great to meet you all :grin:, just a shame the fishin' was so, so hard. Must try it again sometime!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I actually woke up at 4am dreaming about that follow (although my subconscious mind had decided it was a Great White....)

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Great report, Tim. Well done for making the effort to come across for the Bumble!

·
Registered
773 Posts
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Tim great report on what was a tough weekend fishing wise but absolutely brilliant socially, I get such a buzz out of meeting up with others that suffer the same lure affliction and sharing tales. I would just like to say many many thanks to Trevor, Darren, Nathan and Fin for pulling everything together and pointing us in the right direction. Darren and Nathan's efforts on Saturday were heroic in trying to put us all onto some fish in what were possibly the worst weather conditions to fish Anglesey, your efforts were very much appreciated and it was a pleasure to fish alongside such great guys. The highlights of the weekend for me were on Saturday morning watching the sunrise over the mountains was spectacular and a real treat for a land-locked angler like myself. The second was when a Cormorant decided to pick up lunch no more than a couple of feet from where Darren was standing, now that was a splash which got everyone's attention. Although not too many fish were caught it was still a top weekend and always a pleasure to spend a few days with top notch people and such a stunningly beautiful place. Some of the spots the guys showed us were just incredible and with more favourable winds have huge potential, the last mark we went to on Saturday looked as though it had been designed from the sea floor up to be the perfect Bass mark which I think is proof that God is truly Welsh! What a spot.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Below are a few pictures taken over the weekend;[/FONT]

Nathan and Rob on Saturday morning

We couldnt find Shirley but Elevis did put in an [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]appearance [/FONT]

What Wrasse

Darren going off piste

Sunday morning crew

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Thanks again to everyone involved, when are we doing it again? [/FONT]

·
Registered
773 Posts
I actually woke up at 4am dreaming about that follow (although my subconscious mind had decided it was a Great White....)
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Are you sure that wasn't your sponsor Rob. ;-)[/FONT]

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
super report and pics are awesome,just really sorry the weather on Friday was just the worst possible and spoiled the fishing side of things,but the scenery remained spectacular as ever. love the shot of daz off piste or should we say "off ****ed" , cos you need to be to get into some of those places lol. And next year we will find a good base camp with food and drinks at hand, and make sure us locals can do the full two days or at least have one or two of us on hand for each day, seemed like things just went a bit pear shaped at times for which i am willing to take some responsibility ,but we will learn and improve for next time . A big thanks for everyone who made the effort to come ,and at least someone lost their viginity as well !!!

wow thats brill software ,you type in the word ****ed and it comes out as ****ed ...........lets try another ............fart ????

ah thats acceptable ! thats good to know lol

·
Registered
773 Posts
super report and pics are awesome,just really sorry the weather on Friday was just the worst possible and spoiled the fishing side of things,but the scenery remained spectacular as ever. love the shot of daz off piste or should we say "off ****ed" , cos you need to be to get into some of those places lol. And next year we will find a good base camp with food and drinks at hand, and make sure us locals can do the full two days or at least have one or two of us on hand for each day, seemed like things just went a bit pear shaped at times for which i am willing to take some responsibility ,but we will learn and improve for next time . A big thanks for everyone who made the effort to come ,and at least someone lost their viginity as well !!!
Hi Trevor, I think the key to a good bumble is that no one should feel any pressure as bumbleing is exactly what it says bumbleing along and working with what you have in front of you. As far as I am concerned it was a great weekend bumble where I got to meet and hang out with some great likeminded people enjoy some good food and a few shandies and don’t get me started on the scenery. I spent a day with some top notch anglers, got to cast a Super Mix and a Rod Bar, discovered just how thin Daiwa Tournament Braid is (scary) and shared some magic moments, a top weekend in my book.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Thanks one and all for coming. It was great too meet and fish with others that share the passion. Wish I could have been there for you on the sunday guys.
As Trev said next year more planning soo we can all have a bevy or two in the evening! More importantly can someone arrange some southerlies!
Cheers Nath.
oh yeah just two pics
daz-

A true gent John Orrells-

·
Registered
363 Posts
Had a great day with some true lure freaks - Fantastic!! Shame more fish werent landed though. Maybe the next one should be based somewhere a bit further southwest......... If the Lleyn was the centre of operations then there is a choice of north/south coasts, estuaries, rockmarks, beaches..... maybe a bit more chance of finding the silvers

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Had a great day with some true lure freaks - Fantastic!! Shame more fish werent landed though. Maybe the next one should be based somewhere a bit further southwest......... If the Lleyn was the centre of operations then there is a choice of north/south coasts, estuaries, rockmarks, beaches..... maybe a bit more chance of finding the silvers
Great shout Fin, LLeyn next year.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
yeah, to be sure of somewhere to fish whatever the wind direction the lleyn is tops.......but i think we were just very,very unlucky with that northerly gale on the Friday...............i am just pleased that the chaps who had come such a long way werent as dissapointed as i thought they might be............would be happy to take any of them out for a day if they were ever in our neck of the woods in the future ,thats for sure........mind you ...... i do seem to chalk up quite a few blanks .......so maybe not .... lol, checked our local water vis thisafternoon and its just coming right now, so thats 4 days of calm thats needed here to get the vis back after a big blow

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice one Rob, after forgetting my camera I didn't think to take some pics with my phone. Fab scenery, I'll be back!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts