The Lure Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I broke the tip on the silhouette today. Went for an hour down Port Erin Harbour, nothing was doing so I decided to go down The End, about i/2 mile away. Placed the made up rod in the car and drove over. When i got there the tip was bust! Doh! Dunno how the blazes it happened... I suppose there's so much sh/t in the back of my car something hit it/sqaushed it/or I clobbered it on something taking it out.

Note to self: Put very delicate rod back in hard case every time until new case arrives...

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Gutted for you Tim...delicate delicate rods. I've lost count of the amount of people that have done tips over here. I think a couple were attempting to source seperate tips they could splice in themselves.

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, one of the Dutch guys posted a link to a Dutch site t'other day but I couldn't make head nor tail of it. I wouldn't know what I was looking for or how to splice it...

I was sent a spare tip with the rod when i bought it so it's not all bad.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Doh! Bummer. Gonna happen to us all eventually I'd guess. Good job that case is on the way!! Still, accidents will always happen :-(

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Its going to be the Achilles heel to LRF. Guys coming off much more sturdy gear need, must in fact learn to handle these rods properly.
Accidents will happen but the rate these tips are being broken is crazy and 90% careless handling.
One of our guys told me last night that his hard case was protecting his other rod in the car ! ?
Yet, here he was, scrambling over the green stones with dodgy eyesight and a solid tipped rod not folded up ?
And...

He's already broke 3 rods.

Talk about slow learner.

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've learnt. I was in no way scrambling about either. Take care big time chaps! You might bounce, but....

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Tim, they are so delicate I won't consider taking mine out of the case except when at my mark to fish. I broke my bass plugging rod last year and don't want to be paying for a new tip section again...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts