The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I got a job lot of push-on rubber cup things with a selection of weights. I could bring a set to the bumble if you want?

Some people use sections of bike inner tubes and 2 pence bits for weights (probably more suitable for UL outfits though

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I usually tape weight on and after finding the required amount, shove it in the butt section under the cap.

Even my MB Silver Shadow is tip heavy at the stem with a 2500 through 4000 but....

After casting, if I slide the hand forward, the tip lightens and bite detection improves dramatically.

I like a tip light HRF rod and tip heavy walk the dog rods and eging rods.

For LRF...jury is still out.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Have a look at the Matagi (PDF) catalogue 2010, and especially page 74, for their butt caps with balancer discs. You can order these (external) discs seperately, depending on what's needed:

http://www.matagi.co.jp/2010pdf/2010frameset.html

(It's usually not very difficult to remove the original butt cap).
The Matagi version are the ones I use on my custom rods.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Almost deja vous but someone is agreeing with me......:shock::shock:

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Never thought I'd ever consider adding weight to my butt but hey :-D:-D:-D

Seriously though, how removable are the manufacturer's plugs? I'm looking at my LC and Shukans, they seem to be locked in. Can i remove them and replace without damage?
If you were to install a permanent system as the Matagi I would recommend you to have a rod builder do it.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
It's only a small change but I bet over a days fishing it will be noticeable Dave...:-D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts