The Lure Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often do you guys get called by a call centre in India or somewhere asking if you want cheaper phone bills? Is it a common thing in the UK. I think I get called most days and everytime I have to explain quickly that they cant make my phone bill cheaper as I am in Jersey. I have been known to start asking them questions on where they are, what is their name and what do they know about geography and telecomunications in Europe, they often hang up but another will still phone the next day. Is there anything I can do about it or stop it?

·
Registered
2,796 Posts

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can speak fluent mackerel so I'll hit them with that, good idea Alun cheers bud. I actually would rather have some fun with them than completely lose them forever ha ha

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Can't imagine what an Indian would make of that....but damned funny.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
try talk em in to buying a few tide minnows or something like that will soon get rid of them

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Ask them who is calling they hang up then!!!!
I had a call last week that when I answered it there was a recorded message stating 'none of our agents is available right now please hold the line'. Yeah right!!!!! THEY called ME!!!!

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
ive started talking back in Welsh and only in Welsh. Seems to have stoped them from calling.
Y Gaelg - Manx Gaelic, works too! They never last longer than a few sentences!
I can speak fluent mackerel so I'll hit them with that, good idea Alun cheers bud. I actually would rather have some fun with them than completely lose them forever ha ha
Mackerelish would work I'm sure too ****. "hello, wagasaki ayu patchinko sebil salmo" etc!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Just have your wicked way with them, much more fun. I signed up to the tps but still get the occasional call from india, mainly about my gas and leccy supply.

Some of them are not allowed to hang up on you, if you're lucky enough to get one of those take full advantage! I once had one on speaker phone for 15 minutes while I played MY hold music (Slayers South of Heaven) and then continued to take the piss out of him and be as awkward a I could for another 15 mins. Eventually he insisted I talk to his supervisor because he wasn't allowed to hang up on me. He actually told me he wasnt authorised to hang up!!! Another 3 or so mins of wasting their time and he finally bit the bullet and hung up.

Just dont EVER give them any info, he kept trying to get me to "confirm" my first name, I made him guess as he knew my first initial but bless him he never got round to Chad. Think his name was Sharon, at least that's what I called him :)

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Just have your wicked way with them, much more fun. I signed up to the tps but still get the occasional call from india, mainly about my gas and leccy supply.

Some of them are not allowed to hang up on you, if you're lucky enough to get one of those take full advantage! I once had one on speaker phone for 15 minutes while I played MY hold music (Slayers South of Heaven) and then continued to take the piss out of him and be as awkward a I could for another 15 mins. Eventually he insisted I talk to his supervisor because he wasn't allowed to hang up on me. He actually told me he wasnt authorised to hang up!!! Another 3 or so mins of wasting their time and he finally bit the bullet and hung up.

Just dont EVER give them any info, he kept trying to get me to "confirm" my first name, I made him guess as he knew my first initial but bless him he never got round to Chad. Think his name was Sharon, at least that's what I called him :)
:lol::jump::muttley:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
ive started talking back in Welsh and only in Welsh. Seems to have stoped them from calling.
Class decision, Alun! That will fool almost everyone...

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
How often do you guys get called by a call centre in India or somewhere asking if you want cheaper phone bills? Is it a common thing in the UK. I think I get called most days and everytime I have to explain quickly that they cant make my phone bill cheaper as I am in Jersey. I have been known to start asking them questions on where they are, what is their name and what do they know about geography and telecomunications in Europe, they often hang up but another will still phone the next day. Is there anything I can do about it or stop it?
I have regestered on line to stop the unwanted calls,its free and does work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts