The Lure Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Guy Martin is a plant fitter in every day life but a cracking road racer & a really down to earth nice bloke. Pee your pants stuff just watching the on bike footage though never mind actually riding the bike.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
I was in a restaurant in Antrim and saw a signed photo of Joey Dunlop, there was some really nice words written below it of how the Glens of Antrim will forever echo the sound of him tearing around on his bike. I love the TT, promised myself 20 years ago that I would go sometime but I never have.

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

The atmosphere here for a fortnight is incredible, even if you only come once in your life to get the whole TT experience, it would live with you forever, biker or not.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Really looking forward to this...what a time to be in the Isle of Man couldnt of planned it better if I tried :wink:

Nigel can you recommend anywhere decent around ramsey to see the racing? Heres hoping the pubs will be better craic than the last two weekends :-D

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
James

Parliament Square, Cruickshanks, Green Gates, Stella Maris, School House Corner, Milntown or a walk up through the woods to Water Works or the Goose Neck. They are all good vantage points & you can keep on the move.
The Pubs are so quiet because alcohol is so dear in the pubs & much cheaper in the supermarkets.

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
The pubs WILL be a lot livelier next week James. All the locals will dust off their leather jackets and pretend to be bikers for a week. BUT the craic will be mighty, the (expensive) beer will be flowing and (pray to the weather gods) the ladies will be scantily clad. My missus will be off to her Mum's for the festival and I'll be staying (grogging) in Andreas for a fair bit of the week and will be making the pilgrimage to The Trafalger. CAN'T WAIT!!!

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Beware of the infamous TT button on the tills if you are not recognised as a local :wink: :wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts