The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dropped Ben a line as we are down in Polzeath and decided to go over to his side of the river to try for some early bass ... took my friends dad over too - piddling rain and driving winds have pretty much dampened easter down here but as soon as we got out in the water the weather switched to bright sunshine.

Had terns dive bombing something 20 odd yards in front of me but they didn't appear to be hitting anything *sigh*.

Saw some of Ben's new kit - mightily impressed with the redmoon PFD / vest to the point of wanting one straight away - even the flippy over back bit works!

The weather has been pants down here - big big swell and alot of wind ... water is slightly coloured but if we had this in Sussex we would be praising the heavens!

Last chance saloon tomorrow morning ... hope the weather has settled enough to get on my PB spot! 1..jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Shame about the weather Alex but it is improving, unlucky with the fishing so far let's hope it improves for tomorrow !

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I should think it was just good to get out. Make the most of it more bad weather heading in.
If I don't catch up before good luck on your tropical trip.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Alex go check out constantine reef and treyarnon on the left at low pushing in. There is also lundy cove worth a look, take the road out of new polzeath and just before you hit the port issac/ polzeath road theres a car park on youre right. Opposite carpark theres a path that leads down to lundy cove great spot but watch the wind as cove faces N.W. Water will be alot cleaner in these spots as your spot is right in the path of dirty rain coloured river water.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Water clarity was really good actually. Was nice being down there (blimmin long walk to the water!), specially when the sun came out. Good luck if you went today Alex. May head out for an hour around dusk on this side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts