The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone identify this hybrid Soft/Hard Plastic lure?

It has a fantastic swimming action and has proved to be quite effective at catching bass, I bought it a couple of years ago from a tackle shop on the Ile de Re but unfortunately didn't keep the packaging, and have no idea how to get hold of any more.

There are no markings and I haven't got any other lures with the same eye pattern, which is normally a give away for the manufacturer.

Glen

·
Registered
932 Posts
It's kind of Ayu coloured so it's more likely to be a lure for bass rather than pike. However, it looks more like a swim bait which normally means fresh water predators, but as for the model? God knows but one treble on a lure that size does seem a bit strange.

Call 0845 SOSVIDAR

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I reckon it's probably made by a small French company that we'll likely not hear about unfortunately. There are similar things around though. This one's a rough example, just without the diving vain: http://www.harrissportsmail.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=17528

There aren't too many soft swimbaits with the vain, but there are loads of very good ones without (Imakatsu Javallon Soft for example). These can be rigged weedless of however you want to rig them as well, so they're slightly more flexible options. Even the Sebile Magic Swimmer Soft.

Could be difficuly finding out exactly what this one is though... :p

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
It's kind of Ayu coloured so it's more likely to be a lure for bass rather than pike. However, it looks more like a swim bait which normally means fresh water predators, but as for the model? God knows but one treble on a lure that size does seem a bit strange.

Call 0845 SOSVIDAR
Yes, anything Ayu flavoured will be aimed at spawning Ko-Ayu in the lakes now inhabited by Largemouth Bass.
I believe these invasive species have helped initiate ayu breeding programs which help support falling numbers in some area's.
Ayu fishing is revered in Japan. Nothing to do with saltwater though.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There aren't too many soft swimbaits with the vain, but there are loads of very good ones without (Imakatsu Javallon Soft for example). These can be rigged weedless of however you want to rig them as well, so they're slightly more flexible options. Even the Sebile Magic Swimmer Soft.
Funnily enough I also bought a Sebile Magic Swimmer in a similar colour scheme, bright yellow top and white translucent sides at the same time as the mystery lure, I've always liked jointed lures since I first started plugging with Rapala J11's and 13's and have been meaning to order some of the Magic Swimmer Soft's for a while.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think it,s an Storm Kicking Minnow
Thanks Harold, the Storm Kicking Minnow is certaintly the nearest thing I've seen to it, though I don't think it is one, as there are too many little differences, different coloured eyes, the line tie is lower, the tail less forked, 2 small fins etc.

Glen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts