The Lure Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents, i had an issue recently whereby it became apparent that i couldnt see all of the features of the upgraded forum. I only realised due to a passing comment by someone who mentioned the Lure Forum TV. To cut a long story short, my version of Internet Explorer required updating, and then 'pow' . . i could see everything.

It occurs to me that others may be in the same position, and not realise that they cant see everything on the forum. So, below is a screen grab of what i can see now - if you cant see all of this, then you require an upgrade . . . . . . . .

Out of interest, post in here if you have this issue.

·
Registered
500 Posts
get firefox instead of internet explorer. i do a computing degree and they wont let us use IE in the computing labs because its crap! lol

·
Registered
500 Posts
better than IE in every way :p... IE shows up some pages cut off like you have just shown, laggy etc. just no reason to have it tbh. buttons on firefox are in nicer places, more secure etc...

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will all of my shortcuts / favorites transfer over if i change it ?

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Zis is why it's all diappeared at work!

I agree with Ben on the firefox. Don't ask me the technical bits, it's just nicer to use...

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
uUst transferred to Firefox also. Hate it. I'll give it a few days though to try & get used to it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Firefox can be altered the way you want it to look, you can add/remove bits of it.
Just right click on the tool bar at the top and select Customise.
Here you have the option to drag 'n' move the display as you want it.

Have a play around with it, you can make it the way you want it to look,
if you want it to do more like have a translator etc then goto the Firefox web site and search the Addon's.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts