The Lure Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a drastic problem but I came across an issue today when trying to reply to a helpful pm from a user. I couldn't send the message as I had not got 10 posts on the forum. I could only reply to a certain number of people.

I think I can see why that 'policy' exists and could certainly see the restriction on sending a first time pm to someone. Strange that you cannot reply to one sent to you though, perhaps making the sender think you have ignored them, a bit impolite. As such I posted the reply on the thread to which his pm related. OK but not ideal.

Didn't really also want to drop into a load of threads and post valueless comment just to get the post count up in order to be able to reply.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Adrian, you can reply to that PM now with your current post count.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Not a drastic problem but I came across an issue today when trying to reply to a helpful pm from a user. I couldn't send the message as I had not got 10 posts on the forum. I could only reply to a certain number of people.

I think I can see why that 'policy' exists and could certainly see the restriction on sending a first time pm to someone. Strange that you cannot reply to one sent to you though, perhaps making the sender think you have ignored them, a bit impolite. As such I posted the reply on the thread to which his pm related. OK but not ideal.

Didn't really also want to drop into a load of threads and post valueless comment just to get the post count up in order to be able to reply.
Adrian,I have got your PM just fine mate.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah thanks. As it happens there were a couple of posts of relevance to me that got my count up from the 5 it was this morning. Just didn't want to be adding worthless comments to threads just to get the count up so I could answer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts