The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went back to the mark where I caught on friday night tonight for a few hours. Things started off badly with me loosing a fish half way in. It was all quiet until just as it was getting properly dark when in about half an hour had four coalies, all about a pound and a Bass at 41cms and 2lb. Would have liked to stay longer but had to pick the missus up. All fish caught on the Komomo II in the black joker colour. Everything went back safely.

Also saw two hefty salmon jumping and a pair of dolphins cruising about. Really nice night.

Sorry about the crappy photo. Flat head torch and my phone camera don't do well together.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Lovely Shiny Pete, i am going tomorrow night again back to the mark i caught my first one on a couple weeks ago, hope its big brother will be there this time :wink:

·
Registered
865 Posts
welldone mate seems like theres a fewmore about now, had a few on bait past few weeks nowt big tho bout 1-2lb. time to start puttin in more hours on the plugs a think:-D

heres a pic from last nite

excuse the funny expression:shock:

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Well done Pete..nice to see they are still coming out regularly........Things are dead this end......

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Adam, Last year I was half hartedly trying lures but kept going back to bait as I was catching on them. About this time I thought I would fish lures only as I was desperate to get my first one. It totally paid off and after a couple of weeks of blanks managed the first one. They definately seem to have turned up again after being missing for the last month.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Nice 1 Pete,good to see a few fish locally.

I have a local mark I am determined to suss out at a bit later in the week when the tides are right.I have fished it on the flood with limited success but I have an inkling the ebb might be better.The fish are there over high water but you can't access it from the shore,its ok from a boat,yak or cliff top but I don't fancy plugging over a 100ft above sea level.It will be interesting to see if they're still there when the tide ebbs off a little.

·
Registered
161 Posts
nice one mate still blankety blank here heard so many stories fish round whileybay area but tried still nowt u heard any areas mate might try drop me line if its 007 haha cheers

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nice one mate still blankety blank here heard so many stories fish round whileybay area but tried still nowt u heard any areas mate might try drop me line if its 007 haha cheers
Sorry Rod, I keep my marks to myself. But I will say the Bass seem to have turned up. I had two on lures last weekend and two on bait on Saturday, my mate had one on lures and five on bait. I heard about the fish at Whitley, but there doesn't seem to have been anything since. Still definately worth a shot though.

·
Registered
161 Posts
i be my brothers 4 half pounder hes had 5 more since but we dont see eye to eye so second hand info understand about keeping u marks but like i say no mark 100 percent reliable as his went flat not fished in over a week and it fished its socks off for few days so they move dont hang round u be suprised lot catchs i heard of that been kept hush hush but thats the secret service haha makes u laugh im only to happy help if i can let me no if u catch any more ill keep u informed if i do also sure bump in to ya sum time cheers rod

1 - 11 of 11 Posts