The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know many fly fishers dream of bonefish (for which they have my sympathies) and tropical marl flats. But of all the place I have wet a fly none compare to Cape Cod.
Stripers to 60lb (on the shoreline)
Albies and Bonito to 15lb (on the shore)
Bluefish to 20lb (on the shore)
Flounder,
Northern Barracuda (up to a couple of pounds)
Spainish Mackerel to 10lb (jetties and boats)
And in September thay are all hard on the beaches stuffing themselves on silversides, We are talking about a size 6 unweighted fly.
Great place, beautiful marks to fish, friendly locals, and the great Derby competetion.
Average Striper

Average Albie

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Nice - thanks, Dave. Gives us all something to dream about on these short cold winter days. Damn, I bet the tuna pull your string!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Nice - thanks, Dave. Gives us all something to dream about on these short cold winter days. Damn, I bet the tuna pull your string!
you better believe it, had a 10 weight flyrod cracking under the handle with a false albie fishing big bridge on martha's vineyard, that fish was about 7-8lbs, if i could only ever fish for only 1 species, it would be them for sure, a complete power house mini green torpedo.

kev

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tim,
No real need to dream, Cape Cod is definately one of the cheapest "GOOD" fishing desintinationsI have ever found. I have maps marked up to Marthas Vineyard, if anyone is thinking about it. I would happily past on copies.

Alex,
I am digging through pics at the moment, I will have to scan some in, Oh and 80's look!! Cheeky- looks like I was a decade out of style.

Keith,
Dawn Cape Poge Gut, changing tide, september. I went to Marthas for the first time, with only one objective. Albie on fly. So good, I had to go back. PB Albie 10lb 7oz, got pipped by Jamie AGAIN.
Albies are just so frustrating at times, and so easy at others. I think they are the least understood light tackle species available to shore based anglers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts