The Lure Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to the west of Anglesey this weekend, around Church Bay and thinking of targetting pollack around Carmel Head and wonder if any local Anglesey anglers could (broadly) advise which stretch around there has the deepest water and biggest chance of pollack. Shall I approach near Ynys y Fydlyn, or further north from the Cemlyn end? Any help would be appreciated, not wishing to mark-grab!!! Thanks, Neil.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Hi Neil, saw your message on the other forum that I wont mention on here lol.
Just so you know I'm Smalltownboy on there and no relation to Jimmy Somerville by the way
Can I just ask what sort of fishing you'll be doing as I haven't done a vast amount of lure fishing around that area if I'm honest with you.
Bait fishing is another thing, done plenty up there not that I bait fish anymore just lures for me now when I get the time that is.
Pollack of 6lb and upwards used to be a common thing for me at Carmel Head and I do know where the deepest marks are.
I'll message you tomorrow if that's ok as I'm off to bed now but I will be in touch,
Tony.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Neil, saw your message on the other forum that I wont mention on here lol.
Just so you know I'm Smalltownboy on there and no relation to Jimmy Somerville by the way
Can I just ask what sort of fishing you'll be doing as I haven't done a vast amount of lure fishing around that area if I'm honest with you.
Bait fishing is another thing, done plenty up there not that I bait fish anymore just lures for me now when I get the time that is.
Pollack of 6lb and upwards used to be a common thing for me at Carmel Head and I do know where the deepest marks are.
I'll message you tomorrow if that's ok as I'm off to bed now but I will be in touch,
Tony.
I will be lure fishing with mainly soft plastics. Cheers Tony, thanks for the message. Neil.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts