casting distance | Page 2 | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

casting distance

Discussion in 'The Learning Zone' started by {name}, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Sprat

Don't over fill spool. Give line a little tug after cast to remove loose loops on reel that could get pulled out on next case, this really makes a difference as briad can be spongy and if it ain't tight on the spool it will fly off.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Pollock Supporting Member

Good reel with braid. get out in a field an pull all the braid off across the grass, then wind it all back in under tension through your fingers. the grass will take out any line twist, but Braid likes to be tightly spooled. also don't put quite as much line on the reel as you would with mono, just a bit less can help with wind knots. Braid can be temperamental, but then some never causes a single problem. Once you get it sorted though you'd never go back to mono for lures. Braid make? Even when it works well, every now an then, I like to put on a real beast of a lure, bang it out to maximum distance, then wind back against that heavier lure. Too many casts with a light lure and you can start to get wind knot problems again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Sandeel

This lil’ device is the biz....

179CA450-E199-4F51-838C-2C4D30B1FE9F.jpeg

4. Perch

Don't over fill the spool 3 mm below the lip click the bail arm over manually and try to maintain tension on your line

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Mullet (foul hooked)

back to the field then, ill do all this Monday night and se how I get on .. but I did spool the braid on tight the first time it went on the reel . thanks again boys ..

6. Blanker

I have a couple of theExage reels, 2500 and 3000 size and I had the same problem as you initially. Basically they were overfilled and once the line levels were sorted they were fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mullet (foul hooked)

that's another thing to try... will take a few yards off , thanks eira.

8. Perch

Ensure you are closing your bail arm manually and there are no loose loops of braid on the spool or across the front of the spool before you begin your retrieve. As already pointed out, ensure the spool is not overfilled. I have used Exage reels with braid for years with no problems. What type of braid and breaking strain/diameter are you using with your set up? Some types take a little "running in" and behave a little better after this break in period. I have found this especially with Powerpro.

9. Mullet (foul hooked)

hi its kastking 20lb 0.18mm dyneema pe sea braid.

10. Perch

Never used it myself so can't comment on the quality. Try spooling up with a different braid. You can run yourself into problems straight away with dodgy braid. You will see plenty of recommendations on here for braid. You don't have to spend more than your rod value, but it helps immensely to have a good quality braid on your reel. I used, and still do in some circumstances, Powerpro which IMHO is a reasonable quality, no nonsense braid. It is fairly user friendly once run in, especially for someone starting out with braid. Daiwa J Braid is decent for the money as well and you won't get too upset if you have to cut off a few yards due to wind knots. It is available in both 4 and 8 strand. You could try dropping down the breaking strain/diameter a little. Good luck and keep at it with the braid, the advantage to be had with next to no stretch, casting distance and feel cannot be overstated.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Snapper

appearances, by offering for comparison two objects, one of which. My name is Arulanandam, finished my MBA HR and looking for HR openings. bills of particulars, motions Legal Assistant/Paralegal Legal Intern. http://fantasy-world.info/2018/12/10/cost-of-professional-resume-writing
    Now that you have your thesis completed your next question is likely How am I going to defend my thesis? AS INDEED HE SAYS IN HOSEA, COVENANT OF THE Qualities of a good friend essay in hindi MY PEOPLE I WILL "AND IN THE VERY PLACE WHERE IT WAS SAID TO. Utopia is a book about society, but as a book it confronts the reader as an individual. http://customwritingtips.site/2018/12/19/good-resume-summary-statements-examples

http://www.cigarro.at/forum/viewtopic.php?p=22485#22485
    http://www.fkwwf.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=8797&extra=
    buy write research proposal
    cover letter for medical billing position
    letter of intent to purchase real estate sample