The Lure Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Great write up their Keith and an insight into methods. I have experienced some of those feelings on the rod but not known what they are to convert them into fish. Been having a hard time lately but will be taking the infeet out west tomorrow. Big toss up between west and SE with the tide as it is but I think I will go with SW with reports of bass out that way to the pointed sticks.

untitled..JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Keith! Great read.

To be honest, i'd assumed previously that the baits were spending more time static, whereas the shaky jig stuff all seems to describe more mobile baits (obvioulsy with pauses while the bait stops nose down, initially). Interesting stuff to play with.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I know it seems like we are pushing it but, alot of guys are catching alot of fish and having tremendous fun doing it.
Only by sharing as we go will people be able to grab the rope to pull themselves up. I love the fact that guys have took the bull by the horns and we see reports on her and get reports by email, phone txt and in ****'s shop about HRF trips I had no idea were happening. That's awesome because it means people are adopting it without being coerced.

Just had a huge pile of new plastics in from the states and some other stuff that will be revealed if it works out.
Watch this space.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ben Field said:
i'd assumed previously that the baits were spending more time static
It varies. I've kept lures deadstick for upto 2 minutes Ben. I pattern from 20:20 and go from there. If longer is required then longer it is.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Thought so. Guessing that's 20 seconds static, 20 seconds moving/twitching?

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
20 dead, Shake, 20 dead...

Hop out

20:20 again until a timing pattern is established.

Sometimes it's in, Bang, fish.

Depends.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Cool, thanks. Makes more sense actually. More like I'd imagined or even done to a degree.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Great article Keith.

Nice to see you sharing tips so everyone can enjoy these productive methods.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Yeah, sorry about that mate. I went to portugal on friday afternoon and booked it friday lunchtime lol. So was a mad rush! I see you have all been catching loads! See you out there soon. Give us a shout during the week.

Rich
Good to see you back Ritchie. Did you get the travel rod out?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts