The Lure Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of us have done a few trips this week. The water has been gin clean, the sun has been out, the nights cold and the winds, well, NE blowing a good un. Water temps have actually dropped again below 10 deg C.

I've actually lost count of what has been caught but I'll have a go.

Callum has been good enough to give me a lift to a couple of marks this week as my fishing car has a blown motor. He's really getting amongst the HRF stuff with a passion now and he's taken a few more wrasse since the weekend and lost a belter at a North coast mark Mon.

The 'Emeraude' Xlayer continues to get bites and I believe it is a great colour for Wrasse fished deep in very clear water. Lobsters of all sizes display those purple/blue hues and I believe it helps as Wrasse are tuned in to munching these things. Purple/Violet of course is still well visible at 20 meters of more in normal daylight in clear vis.

Callum R with another HRF notch in the belt. A new mark too.

Callum likes the Hazedong as well but secretly installs little rattles in the body for the shaky part of the technique.

One of a few of mine this week. This time taken on the Zoom fluke tailed goby. This is a brilliant lure for wrasse with it's fat head that displaces a ton of water but, it has a thin translucent tail that the wrasse can actually 'eat' and get in to what are, essentially, quite small mouths.

Close up of the Zoom fluke tailed gobies.

Another great SP, the Gary Yamamoto Ika. Very heavy, densely salted bait that seems to be doing the business again this season.

Another fish, another mark. Another fish falls to the HRF method.

This time, pitching and flipping 10g + SP's into the boulder fields using a baitcaster and a Cormoran TR-5. 3 Wrasse this trip.

Another trip fishing with Paul B I took 3 good Pollack on 2" blue SP's fished deep at night. All wrong according to the rules but worked on the night. Always be ready to change it up. You never know. Rod: Cormoran Black Bull 260 solid tip. Nice.

Another fish taken on that session. Photo courtesy of Paul B.

The Reins baits have arrived !

After taking another Wrasse (Ritchie has pic) and Callum took a nice daytime Pollack we ventured NE to try the new range. A few casts with this lovely lure and wham...

After catching that it was time to play. I gave this shrimp a go.

After a smashing take 2nd cast OTD I was in to a GOOD fish. I don't think it was hooked properly but it was no Pollack. If it was, it was BIG. We reckon it was a Bass. I really thought I was going to land it but it bumped the hook out on the slip. Ah well....

Another one to the strawberry Reins shrimp. They loved it. These are, typically, the most expensive of the range.

Like I said, this is just a quick reflection of the week. I've had numerous Wrasse and Pollack and Callum, Ritchie, Paul etc have all been out there flying the LRF/HRF flag too. Gary Aubert has been out, loads still going on. Stuff arriving. Just not enough hours in the day/night to keep up.

It's just awesome.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Great stuff Keith, and this is only the start!!!!!!!!!!! Those reins baits certainly look the business, I'll hopefully be out trying them this weekend. I can't even begin to imagine how full the catch section of the forum will be by the end of the year.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Good work guys! I'd imagine this week coming I'll be HRF'in it. Its too flat and sunny for anything else right now :-?

Are you guys taking landing nets with you or managing without?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Good work guys! I'd imagine this week coming I'll be HRF'in it. Its too flat and sunny for anything else right now :-?

Mostly without Ben :shock:. I think (hope) most of us have a plan should the big one arrive. :laserswords:

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Cracking report guys. Good fishing !!

Keith, do you mind me asking where you got the "Zoom fluke tailed gobies" from ? I like the look of those.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I have just spent about half an hour sorting out lure boxes to make room for the new stuff I bought in Nantes. At then end of it i kept saying to myself, right no more lures!!!! Then you put up catch reports with those gobies and shrimps in and I know what is going to happen!!!!
Well done guys, great report and results. VERY impressive progress.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good stuff chaps. Thats a hefty old jig head on that shrimp lure...are you fishing quite static?
Yep, bang em hard on the bottom and wait.

We sometimes have a net. When we forget it we'll hook a zoo creature. You watch.

Mostly without Ben :shock:. I think (hope) most of us have a plan should the big one arrive. :laserswords:
Yep, a plan. Not quite sure what that plan is, but I do have one....LOL

Cracking report guys. Good fishing !!

Keith, do you mind me asking where you got the "Zoom fluke tailed gobies" from ? I like the look of those.
Cheers Simon. You were a week early.
Gobies from http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Zoom_Fluke_Tail_Goby_15pk/descpage-ZFTG.html
They stock these all over the US though. This will be the 2nd season I've used them properly. Great colours too and cheap as chips.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
ha ha cheers james its no secret lol every now and then ill put in a glass rattle im hoping when the jig head hits the bottom it will give out a little extra sound also it will rattle when i twitch it just giving that exta touch!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts