The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last few weeks have had some great success but wanted to mention about two fish in particular. A couple of weeks ago I managed to score my personal best fish of 5.5lb and 64cms. After taking a few pics on my iphone I managed to drop it into the sea never to work again. Unfortunate I thought but the pain of loosing it was dampened by the bass I had just landed. At this moment I did think karma was maybe working but thought no more of it until a week later I managed to hook into another 5.5lb bass. This fish was amazing I located it with the patchinko and it hit and bumped my lure at least 8 times over 15mins of casting to it. It took once but dived into rocks and rubbed out the lure but a few casts later and it totally nailed the lure. The fight was electric but once landed and in my hands and up the beach again I managed to drop my work phone into the sea, never to work again! Funny that the same thing happened within 10mins of landing two 5.5 lb fish within a week of each other! I have since purchased a waterproof case for phones but am wondering what karma will have in stall for me if I get into another good fish.....

·
Registered
125 Posts
It's the phone losses that makes lure fishing expensive and not the lures! Maybe get a small camera and hang it around your neck and leave the phone in your bag? That's what i do since dropping phones in the drink too many times. I also find i hardly ever get reception along the coast anyway. Well done for the two great fish bud!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Gutted Luke! Nice fish though!

I did almost the same last year and did two phones within 2 weeks. Lucky these things don't ALWAYS happen in three's!!

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
If that karma runs correctly, you buy a waterproof phone and never see another big bass??? :rollineyes:
yeah dont tempt fate, buy a toy phone and make a point of dropping it each time while your plugging. Nice post Luke, karma is very strange indeed.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Luke,
Try leaving the phone at home and buy yourself a waterproof camera....Sorted..:wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts