The Lure Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I sat there in the cold, damp, conditions, having missed breakfast just waiting for that BIG fish. As I glanced down I could see this BIG black shadow swim away in the distance at great pace. I knew that this was “FISH ON” I held on for dear life as I drew him in inch by inch making sure that there was no escape for this slippery fish. Eventually pulled it and landed this BIG slippery so and so. TBH never gave much of a fight probably knew that he was well and truly beaten!!!!! Will upload the photo of the beast later

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
It wasn't worrying any sheep at the time was it?????:-D:-D

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trev,

Funny you should say that he did have a woolly Jacket on mmmmmm

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Catch and release or one for the pot?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah I had to release this one as it was a bit to big. could do with loosing a pound or two over the winter months!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
I see, an unfit specimen. Might have been the kindest thing to knock it on the head then! Lol!

·
Registered
843 Posts
I had a call to say you were waiting to ambush the passing prey and had caught it, well done Meirion I know you have waited for this one catch lol!

Did you try and measure the catch before release? Bet it put up a struggle when you pulled out a tape measure and glove?

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Merion,
Where was the younger good looking version of that species??

Funny 'cause they're usually found swimming together.....was he that much faster that he managed to escape you.......:-D:-D

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Caught him doing what?????

The fact he was wearing a woolly jumper is a cause for concern!!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had a call to say you were waiting to ambush the passing prey and had caught it, well done Meirion I know you have waited for this one catch lol!

Did you try and measure the catch before release? Bet it put up a struggle when you pulled out a tape measure and glove?
The Girth was far too big Marc for the tape measure, Wonder if **** sells harpoons, that might do the trick?
I could not catch the youngster far to quick and nimble, unlike the older, sloggish etc etc

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
You'll have to have a quicker pursuit vehicle next time, as there'll be no slowing down by the Specimen ;).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts