The Lure Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Vidar, Was looking at the 3000 to replace an Original 3000 Certate that has developed a problem when in anti reverse, TWICE after not much us! It simply grinds then locks up :sad: Anyone heard of this issue? I have a 4000 that is perfect after a lot more use.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Thanks Vidar, Was looking at the 3000 to replace an Original 3000 Certate that has developed a problem when in anti reverse, TWICE after not much us! It simply grinds then locks up :sad: Anyone heard of this issue? I have a 4000 that is perfect after a lot more use.
Nothing I’ve heard about in particular, but I suppose any reel can develop a fault.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
That's the problem at the moment Jez. Daiwa UK sell mostly to the coarse side here, so their marketting budget gets pumped in that direction I think. All the sales blurb is around casting floats and feeders, while the majority of those reels have just been bought in from abroad and are in fact spinning reels. They just don't say it, so people ignore them. I won't go on - see Daiwa thread. Would love to see the Certate 2010 sold here though!

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I have Certate 2500 2010 and the previous model. The new one is notably lighter and smoother and feels like a higher end reel than the old one. I haven't used it much yet so too early to tell if there are likely to be any problems. The old one had been faultless in six years (touch wood!).

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
I have Certate 2500 2010 and the previous model. The new one is notably lighter and smoother and feels like a higher end reel than the old one. I haven't used it much yet so too early to tell if there are likely to be any problems. The old one had been faultless in six years (touch wood!).
How do you find the 2500 size for bass plugging Mike?

I was thinking of the new 2500R to get the bigger 3000 size gearing in the smaller 2500 sized body.

·
1,866 Posts
That's the problem at the moment Jez. Daiwa UK sell mostly to the coarse side here, so their marketting budget gets pumped in that direction I think. All the sales blurb is around casting floats and feeders, while the majority of those reels have just been bought in from abroad and are in fact spinning reels. They just don't say it, so people ignore them. I won't go on - see Daiwa thread. Would love to see the Certate 2010 sold here though!
Hi Ben

I have heard rumours that Daiwa are to introduce alot of the saltwater gear that is currently in the Daiwa France catalogue into the UK in November...............

Regards

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
How do you find the 2500 size for bass plugging Mike?

I was thinking of the new 2500R to get the bigger 3000 size gearing in the smaller 2500 sized body.
Nick,
sorry only just noticed this question!!!!
The honest answer is that I use the 2500 Certate more than my Branzino. Most of the plugging I do is with 14gm or lighter plugs and anything bigger is unnecessary. On a rod that casts up to about 20grams it is fine, above that it could go either way between the 2500 or 3000. It just depends on personal preference.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Hi Ben

I have heard rumours that Daiwa are to introduce alot of the saltwater gear that is currently in the Daiwa France catalogue into the UK in November...............

Regards
You heard right Sean ;-) Very good news indeed!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts