The Lure Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im a bit late with this report im shattered after the weekend im just starting to feel a bit normal again today after a normal nights sleep last night.it all started on saturday morning up at 4am called alan at 5am and tony at 5.30.we hit our mark at 6am but we were up against it from the start slack tides northerly winds.but you never know what can happen so we banged out all we had for about 3 hours a few sea trout jumping alan had a take but lost it.so we were having a chat to see what we were going to do next and alan took off like a headcase running up the beach and when me and tony saw him take off like this we agreed he was nuts.but then we saw what he was at a pool had been lft on the beach and here was a sea trout on the edge of the pool up on the sand flapping mad trying to get back into the water.just as alan got to the fish it got back into the water now the fun was going to start as the pool was about 10mx10m but he caught it handy which i thought was strange to get it so quickly.but then it all made sense it had a lot of skin gone from each side and x marks on its skin which are typical of a gill net so the fish was put out of its misery.so we headed off out the coast and tried a few spots tony had one follow up to his feet and that was it and we called it a day.
sunday morning same drill called alan at 5 tony5.30 and off again it was a better morning not as much wind it felt better at least.same thing flogged it for 3 hours and then we saw alan in the distance rod bent over and the usual wahayyyy shouting fish on and he landed a nice sea trout fair play the only rod caught fish of the weekend.so that was it we called it a day lots of aches and pains we walk some miles over the 2 days.the first pic is the fish that was in the gill net and the other is tony and alan.i was up again at 4am monday morning i had to go to tralee in kerry to look at a boat so its being a busy weekend.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Cracking report Pat, Great effort to be out that early in the morning, TWICE.......!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts