The Lure Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Can't help on the touchy feely front but they look a handily priced bit of kit. Will be useful when I break the other tip on my Firefly!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
****, I've just ordered a Cormoran Carb O Star X Ultra Light Spinning rod, Length 2.1m 0.5 -6g casting weight, with a spliced-in solid carbon fibre tip which worked out at under £50 before P&P.

If it's any good I will let you know as it may be another cheap solid tip alternative, although I cant find it on the Cormoran site so it may be old stock.

Just noticed the other thread where I got the link for this rod and that it is discontinued stock.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
STOP PRESS !

**** has a bunch of new gear in.
ranging from £25 to £50, 6' through 8' solid and tubular tipped.
Details later. It's actually all pretty shit hot gear for the money.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
STOP PRESS !

**** has a bunch of new gear in.
ranging from £25 to £50, 6' through 8' solid and tubular tipped.
Details later. It's actually all pretty shit hot gear for the money.
Get em up on the website ****! You'll be sold out before you know it!!

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Ok, let me give you a quick overview on what I saw....

MrFish has gone LRF/HRF crazy. Foaming at mouth stuff really...LOL

Anyway...

Cormoran Carbo Star 1.80 mtr 2 pc 0.5 - 5g solid tip LRF £25 or £35 delivered
Cormoran Carbo Star 1.95 mtr 2 pc 0.5 - 5g solid tip LRF £25 or £35 delivered ( I have one, will try it later, looks great for small stuff )

Cormoran Carbo Star XT 2.40 mtr solid tip MRF 2 - 15g £30 or £40 delivered. Looks really nice and has low end backbone.
Cormoran Carbo Star XT 2.10 mtr tubular tip MRF 2 -15g £35 or £45 delivered. Again, very nice rod, lighter than the above but still very sensitive and has backbone in lower third.

The ULX 0 - 9g in 7' and 8' is now in stock again, 3rd order !
TR4 but the lighter version is back too.

If buying guys...
Get a case. Please, do yourself a favour, just get a case.

**** is putting together a LRF/HRF section to his website to easily mark what goes with what. A kit form LRF and M/HRF combo is only just around the corner. Loads of work going on but don't think these rods suck. They are actually pretty damn good and a bundle of fun for the price of a good plug in the case of the smaller LRF solids.

Sorry to make this post an advert but we are trying to get the 'right' gear out there with us taking the risk, you getting the fish and the fun.
Just thought I'd tell you what was new...

Loads of other stuff coming in too but this is enough for now.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am just waiting for a disc to arrive from Cormoran with some images on, then I will put the rods up on the site straight away. Thanks Keith appreciate you posting what arrived today,

·
Registered
31 Posts
If only I had waited a few more days, Oh well I better make up for it by getting some new lures from you tomrrow.
I've not normally been one to buy expensive lures but the more I fish with them the more I see the quality makes a difference, so I think a Z-Claw and baby patchinko might be in order to build up the collection.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Keith enough of this brain washing ........ I`ve just Pm`d **** to put aside a MRF / rod for me look what ya done now . you would make a good SHRINK mate .......
LOL

You said it would NEVER happen...

It's shrunk your wallet, mine too, so I guess there is mileage in your comment.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Its nice now that I don't have to spend time looking for these types of rods, you guys can do it for me ;-)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts