The Lure Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i though seems as i couldnt be arsed to go and get my snowbees back out of a friends loft, i would pick up some cheap breathable waders instead for now.
Well after 9 session's they have split somewhere on the boot weld, meaning i have been getting wet feet the past few session though, my feet have been so cold i couldnt feel it.
When i changed to shoes again i assumed it was sweat with the non breathable materials. Untill yesterday when during the day it was nice and warm on the mark i fished and i have cold wet feet again and feel the water trickling down to my feet.
So last night i spent scrambling through a friends loft trying to find my decent neo's for the winter popped to a local mark to make sure thy have remained waterproof and not split or anything? Nope 3 years and good as new.
Lessson here buy decent waders and they last, buy cheap and they will not it;s a false economy.
Sorry chaps rant over i feel better now:???:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you have details alex mate? i have complained this morning via a very stern email about my thoughts on them if i get no where then i will do doing that.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi guys sorry for the late reply, they are made by hardware bought through ebay, i have contacted them to complain shall see what they do about it. Time to buy new decent breathables again i think.
Thanks alex i shall bookmark that for future reference.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I agree that with most things buying cheap is false economy and am quite prepared to pay for quality, however, often waders seem to be the exception to that rule. You only have to browse the forums to find people who have waders costing hundreds leaking after a few wears yet others have had years of use from a pair costing sixpence

I fall into the second group, my Rapalas (£70) are now in their 4th year of fairly heavy use and the only time they leaked was because i had worn them so much the heels had worn thin. A couple of patches and they are water tight once again

I like to keep an open mind about most things but am yet to be convinced of the need to spend mega money on waders. In fact, having recently tried on a pair of high end branded ones, i found them extremely uncomfortable and was glad to get back to my old cheapies

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Mike why not just invest in some Simms waders ?
The sizes are tailored to the angler and they are the best made and individually water tested so you know they are perfect,and they even have the name of the person that tasted them marked inside.
You get what you pay for and they are 'propper' GoreTex............

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Mike why not just invest in some Simms waders ?
The sizes are tailored to the angler and they are the best made and individually water tested so you know they are perfect,and they even have the name of the person that tasted them marked inside.
You get what you pay for and they are 'propper' GoreTex............
You'll be getting accused of working for Simms next Nick... ;-)

·
Registered
769 Posts
I have bought cheap from the Snowbee sale in late winter twice in the past 4 years. The waders cost about 50 quid each time and the first pair lasted 3 years and I only replaced them due to barbed wire and bramble incidents during the many miles of trecking along coastlines in the UK and Ireland. The latest pair have done a season without shipping any water to date. They all seem to rip puncture on barbed wire so I would rather go cheap (well reduced from about £125) and not have to be too paranoid about abusing them. Get on the mailing list for Snowbee and the details of the sale items will come through the post in Jan or Feb each year, amongst the rods etc I have always found a good range of waders significantly reduced in price.

Matt

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol my snowbee's had the same treatment andy and stood up well mate so i will be replacing them with snowbee again, always liked there kit so returning to the makes i trust though this said the seller has agreed on a full refund with no issues.
I have started using my neoprene snowbee waders again at the moment lovely and warm in the water.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts