The Lure Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you lads got any experience of using Gaia lures? The Area 10 Evolution looks kinda similar to the IMA Sasuke and at a little over £7 they look worth a punt to me!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Look interesting Rob,
Got a link to the company website??

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Well they certainly look the business Rob, worth a punt at that price surely

·
Registered
437 Posts
Look good! Nice finnish as well. The body is a similar shape to the Sasuke but the face/lip resembles the komomo 125.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah on first impressions they look too good to be cheap cheap, could be good to throw in amongst some rough stuff close in? Unfortunately it's been hard to track down a company website so far as all the keywords are too common! Still trying though, although somebody on a French lure forum has also tried one..... I shall keep you updated!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Speaking of IMA Sasuke lookalike lures, I saw another one listed on fleebay recently called an 'ALIVE CASTING SPELL SUSPENDING'. It was even described as 'IMA alike' in the listing but I've no idea what the quality is like and I couldn't find much on the web about them either, I think they were only about $10. Anyone had any experience of these, poor casting and quality of finish? not that the quality of the finish on expensive lures is anything to write home about.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Yeah on first impressions they look too good to be cheap cheap, could be good to throw in amongst some rough stuff close in? Unfortunately it's been hard to track down a company website so far as all the keywords are too common! Still trying though, although somebody on a French lure forum has also tried one..... I shall keep you updated!
Here's the company website

http://www.gaea-area.com

and the translated page with that Area 10 Evo lure.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Speaking of IMA Sasuke lookalike lures, I saw another one listed on fleebay recently called an 'ALIVE CASTING SPELL SUSPENDING'. It was even described as 'IMA alike' in the listing but I've no idea what the quality is like and I couldn't find much on the web about them either, I think they were only about $10. Anyone had any experience of these, poor casting and quality of finish? not that the quality of the finish on expensive lures is anything to write home about.
Dave I bought a couple of the 'Casting Spell's' and the finish is not too bad but not quite as good as a true IMA. Casting isnt great but it does have a nice action and caught me bass! As Rob suggested I tend to use them on new marks or where their is a strong risk of losing a lure!

Reactions: Dr.Thomas k

·
Registered
431 Posts
Ive only fished with the Gae Gae minnow 80 at 13grams, All i can say is this lure casts as well as it looks in the water. From my experience an excellent brand for the money.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts