The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a wee film I knocked up this year when fishing India for GTs

The first Gt on the film was almost the first cast of the holiday, check out the drag, thats set tight ! I just played it back for the first time in months. Time to start planning another trip ! I fancy Big Roosters on Poppers next ?? We have had small ones before. [video=vimeo;9910334]http://vimeo.com/9910334[/video]

Mike fished for 2 trips with me for GTs with a £ 30 Ugly stick ! Eventually the rod broke.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers
Its amazing I can still see a couple of takes off the top I have encountered in my life ,as if it happened yesterday

First one was a 7 lb Bass from Cornwall 5 years ago ,(allie mag duel slider. Sandeel) It came side on from 20 feet away with a big bow wave fins bristling . Boom !

Second was a GT in the Seychelles. I hooked a GT on a popper, another one saw it take ,attacked the GT, the first fish came off. The second GT grabbed the Popper and then while I played the second one the Mumma GT came and beat up GT number 2 !!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Man, gotta love surface fishing!
I'm sure that there are plenty of times when surface lures / flies aren't the most effective methods, but i'll happily suffer a few blanks to see takes like that, or at least similar on a smaller scale.
Will no doubt be on the phone for gurgler foam & popper bodies soon!
great clips Oz.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Cracking fish and a very professional video.

BTW I loved the look of that boat. I probably wouldn't like the fuel bill, but she looks a beauty.

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Cracking fish and a very professional video.

BTW I loved the look of that boat. I probably wouldn't like the fuel bill, but she looks a beauty.
I loved the look of the boat too Paul. But as you say, the fuel bill for 450hp might be a bit frightening!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts