The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often do you check your knots, I do not check very often and I have paid twice for it in a year at the same spot.Today I hooked into a decent fish, strong current etc after half a minute twang an the line parted at the knot wwhere the jig head was. So if anyone catches a decent bass on the S/E of Jersey with a new type blue/silver redgill in its mouth can I have both back please.

Apart from that Derek Buesnel and I had 6 other fish mostly caught on swim senkos including the one below at around 2.5lbs

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Alan are you talking about checking your knots every few casts??? What knot are you using??? Where are you getting the new weighted redgills from???

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nige I am not sure which knot I am using but I have been using it since a boy, I reckon every half hour we should check the knots but it is difficult to remember in the heat of battle, I have been getting my redgills from the redgill web site as I am not sure Mr Fish is stocking them in Jersey yet. We have been using the 17gm ones but feel just right

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
**** I think it is the cheap fluro carbon you sold me, but seriously if you get some redgills in they will sell, ithink the knot is a uniknot I use but I do not check it enough

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
I have been getting my redgills from the redgill web site as I am not sure Mr Fish is stocking them in Jersey yet. We have been using the 17gm ones but feel just right
How do you fish them Alan ... on a flying collar rig?

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Nick tied straight to the leader and fished very slowly with some rod motion to impart some erractic action
Sounds good to me .... what sort of water depth are you fishing them in?

Have you tried the smaller 4g ones?

Alderney Angling have them in stiock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts