The Lure Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how do you go about choosing the mark you should fish at?

It is my belief that fish follow patterns and will be in certain places every time certain other things are all correct, just need to keep a log and find out that those things are!!

I was typing a post up elsewhere in answer to wind direction effecting bass fishing and how with bait *normally* a wind in the face is the better wind but with lure fishing this was not always very practical. So it got me thinking to the last few bass I have caught and some little light pinged on.

Tide direction v's wind direction.

From memory, as I hadn't been writing this down, a lot of my lure caught bass have come in situations that there there is a noted tide flow, the fishing has been best when the wind is fairly strong (F4+) against tide irrelevant of what direction that wind is in relation to the mark aspect.

Anyone else recorded that sort of thing before and what have you found??

I can't recall reading much on these two forces being used to locate fish thouh Keith/Kev wrote an article about using wind and tide together I don;t think it was in relation to finding fish specifically.

So what if I think about the coastline we have and what direction the tide is running at given states of tide. I can then look at the wind direction and tide state and will know where we have wind v's tide and go give it a try??

Comments??

·
Registered
519 Posts
andy interesting question,and one that won't have hard and fast rules i feel.

as you know me and keith pattern current, it's our main thing, find current, find fish, if the current is fast then we don't worry to much about wind direction unless it's coming from a direction which will effect water clarity or lure presentation, now if the current is slow then i like to have the wind coming from the same way to help increase the water speed, now this will only make a real difference in shallow water, we both feel that current will effect where bait is moved around the shore line far more than wind will move it,but if say we have a current running close in along the shore line say west to east, then a wind coming on shore from a northwestly direction may help keeping any suspending baitfish closer in, only time spent on certain marks will determine wind with current or against it, all takes time and effort.

kev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.