The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.gamefair.co.uk/

Anyone else going this year? It's a nice day out and covers all kinds of fishing aswell as EVERYTHING to do with outdoor pursuits.

I see Henry has already posted something on his blog this morning (hope you don't mind Henry)
http://www.henry-gilbey.com/blog.html

I'll be there on Friday lurking around the Bass Lures stand like a fat hairy gollum trying to convince myself that the wife won't mind once she see's the credit card bill. Must have the precious!

Had a look at the what's on schedule and was surprised to see **** will be taking the stand this year for a Lure fishing demo. Nice one ****, I'll be there to cheer you on (or throw the veg depending on how it goes).

Any chance you have a stand ****? Or at least a yellow reliant 3 wheeler and a suitcase full of lures? Bring a couple of the smaller Patchinko's and a tacklehouse feed shallow (ayu 110) and I'll take them off your hands on Friday for cash ;)

Also worth noting that if you're into Fly fishing at all, Sportfish will refund the cost of your entrance ticket when you spend over £100 with them (easily done) and as the entrance can be a bit pricey if you don't prebook it's well worth remembering. I've been 3 times to the CLA and always managed to take them up on that offer!

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Any chance you have a stand ****? Or at least a yellow reliant 3 wheeler and a suitcase full of lures? Bring a couple of the smaller Patchinko's and a tacklehouse feed shallow (ayu 110) and I'll take them off your hands on Friday for cash ;)
Pretty sure that **** will be there.

I plan to go. How will we all recognise each other. Shall we all wear a Pink Carnation or something :?: :D

·
Registered
949 Posts
I believe the BASS stand will be there again this year, right next to the Salmon and Trout Association stand.
For any bass lure fishing nuts (and there might just be 1 or 2 on this forum ;-)) who havent got round to joining BASS, if you want more and bigger bass to catch, then keep £20 back and join up there.
The stand will be manned by chaps who will be able to answer any questions about why joining BASS is probably better for you than buying another lure, if you are honest, you probably dont reeeealy need anyway! ;-)
Cheers,
Ian

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately I'll only be there on the Friday, Too many other commitments on Saturday and I plan to try out the new shineys on Sunday down in Sussex if at all possible.

Look out for the long haired scruffbag, probably wearing a "The Haunted" or "Slayer" T-shirt and some shorts if this weather continues. Trust me amongst the tweed and riding boots us lot should stand out ;) (kidding it's not that posh)

I don't have any of those posh Red or Black fishing T shirts yet that promote expensive Japanese tackle (hint ****)

Gonna check out Hywel Morgan's Fly casting demo too, he can chuck a fly line around with such ease it makes you sick!
And this time I'm bringing the GPS unit, last time I was in such a rush to get in I forgot to make a note of where I parked and it took ages to find the car again :D
It's a big show! That's my excuse anyway. It also means I'll be able to wander around and get totally lost but still be able to find my way back to the fishing villiage in time for the next demo.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe the BASS stand will be there again this year, right next to the Salmon and Trout Association stand.
For any bass lure fishing nuts (and there might just be 1 or 2 on this forum ;-)) who havent got round to joining BASS, if you want more and bigger bass to catch, then keep £20 back and join up there.
The stand will be manned by chaps who will be able to answer any questions about why joining BASS is probably better for you than buying another lure, if you are honest, you probably dont reeeealy need anyway! ;-)
Cheers,
Ian
Yeah I think I'll join this time. It would be nice if there were just one organisation for all Angling though, although these groups all have their own agenda it would make sense if they banded together for a common good. It would also be a lot more appealing to Anglers. I'm already a member of 3 other organisations!

·
Registered
716 Posts
It's great, I kew **** was going, but Chad pointed it out to me that the old boy is actually doing demonstrations - that is fantastic news, will make sure to watch them.

Such a good day/weekend out, well worth going, and yes, BASS are there.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah the other 2 days are cheaper and I admit it is a bit steep! The show is MASSIVE though!

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
I must admit I was surprised it was £26 to get in, for some reason I thought it would be free!! I have never been so maybe it is value for money, I dont know. I am looking forward to the demos, it will have to be alot of top water I suppose as there isnt alot to see with the divers and softies. Anyone know if there are any Pike in the lake? :) I thought bout writing down some kind script but I think its better done ad-lib. Looking forward to it, and yes Chad I have Rodney with me, and we have a suitcase full of lures, I will put a few in there for you. If you see Mike or myself there please say hello eh, we will be the ones in the Tenryu T Shirts I suppose.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Cant make the weekend which is a pity, it is only 1.5 miles from home, I am off to Brighton for 5 days, charter fishing.

****, there are no Pike in the lake, in fact there is very little of anything, few Carp, Tench and Skimmers. The lake takes a hammering of the comorants every winter. The venue (ragley) is a good one, looking at the plans the Angling area is very large alongside the lake.
Not sure if you are staying over but if you need any info on watering holes or where to eat, feel free to ask.
Enjoy

1 - 20 of 65 Posts