The Lure Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you have much joy on the clear surface lures? just bought a clear chug bug to try on those days when it gets a bit tricky to enduce a hit on top.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I have used these and they work pretty well,I have also tried the double chug bugs I am not sure they still make them. 2 Clear bugs joined together they also worked well

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
There is a "feed shallow" that is totally transparent apart from a very thin red stripe along the belly area.
I want one.
I personally love transparent plugs and also very dark plugs .

·
Registered
672 Posts
Ry, a few years ago i used the clear Sea Wolf surface lure that was sold by Harris. I landed a few Bass on it.
I remember my mate landing a large Bass looking over 10lb on a clear Sea Wolf, fish was returned with out weighing her.
I have not used them for a long while.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I've only got one clear plug. It's an Angel Kiss if i remember correctly. I'm yet to score on her. Maybe this year.

·
Registered
357 Posts
There is a "feed shallow" that is totally transparent apart from a very thin red stripe along the belly area.
I want one.
I personally love transparent plugs and also very dark plugs .
Yep, that plug has done me well on very bright days, and gin clear water.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Slightly off topic but relevent.

I sometimes use clear Drennan Piker floats for mulleting and have had bass, pollack and garfish attack them regularly, not on the retreive either.

May be something to do with the way the light reflects/refracts through them?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have got few transparent lures, surface as well as sub-surface, caught some nice bass with them, they work well with very clear and calm water conditions.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
wow i want a clear feed shallow they sound class! transparent and dark lures sound really usefull

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Bob..when i did the silver patchinkos the mould pulled all the paintwork off the lure leaving behind a gorgeous clear plastic with a holo rainbow finish. It was patchy but looked awesome.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ry, a few years ago i used the clear Sea Wolf surface lure that was sold by Harris. I landed a few Bass on it.
I remember my mate landing a large Bass looking over 10lb on a clear Sea Wolf, fish was returned with out weighing her.
I have not used them for a long while.
Thanks for replys guys gonna give em a good going over in the clear water.

Steve a 10lb will do jus fine!;-)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts