The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to have a few leaders ready prepared with a swivel one end, clip on t'other. the problem I'm having is when I'm using hitch hikers clips on a jig head is they won't both go in the eye of the jig. I've been using Rosco Duolock Snaps and I'd like to stick with them. I wondered if any of yous use a similar arrangement and had an idea what size to go down to? Size 51 - the smallest at Rokmax - are rated at 12lb -heavy enough - but I wondered how much of a pain (so small) they are to use and if they will actually fit? i.e. is the wire fine enough?
Somewhat of a tech question I realise but wondered how the members experimenting with these techniques go about rigging.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I have had the same issue with using unweighted plastics with Mustad twistlocks - just not enough room in the eye to get a small clip through aswell. I think all thats needed is the same hook with a bigger eye. Has anyone got experience with the Owner Twistlock hooks? - and if so, do they have an eye big enough to get a clip in aswell?

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
forget clips.
rapala knot.
I know what you're saying, I like the rapala knot, but how do you tie a rapala knot quickly with 8lb braid in the wind? I struggled enough with 15lb PP. :cry::cry::cry:

I have had the same issue with using unweighted plastics with Mustad twistlocks - just not enough room in the eye to get a small clip through aswell. I think all thats needed is the same hook with a bigger eye. Has anyone got experience with the Owner Twistlock hooks? - and if so, do they have an eye big enough to get a clip in aswell?
Ian, I don't know about those hooks but I got some of the jig heads with twist locks from the same site and hate them, I find them a right booger to thread a worm onto without chewing them up, especially if they're the salty senko types.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Remember, most worms were never designed to be threaded onto jig hooks.

Mostly, i'll rig worms Texas either on offset or straight (better) worm hooks and peg em.

I tend to use hitch hiker clips to mount floating baits or craws on sabot or stand up heads.

For salt impregnated worms wacky, most hooks will rip through after a strike. You can use O rings or in extreme cases where you need more weight, split rings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts