The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I'm closing my fly shop for six months. I've been diagnosed with lymphoma ( Cancer of the lymph glands ) and I'm about to start a six month course of chemotherapy , I have no idea how the treatment is going to affect me , but going by what others who have experienced the same treatment i'll not be up to much

I am hoping to redesign the shop while its off-line and maybe do a bit of experimenting with new patterns and materials , but production tying will cease when I clear the backlog of orders I have at the moment

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has ordered from me over the past few seasons , I hope to have the shop backup and running soon after my treatment is finished

I've started blogging about my experiences so far and my plans to Circumnavigate Ireland by Kayak in 2012

http://cancerchemoandcircumnavigation.blogspot.com/

Andy Elliott
Bug Bond Pro Tyer

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Wishing you a speedy recovery Andy, good luck with the treatment.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Andy,
Sorry to hear the news. As Steve says...speedy recovery mate.

Very best wishes.

Trev.

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Andy

Hope you have succesful treatment & a speedy recovery. Having the kayak trip to focus on & plan will be a good distraction to your health worries.

You will be in my thoughts & prayers mate.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Andy,
Wishing all the best for a super speedy recovery-Those bass won't catch themselves you know.
Look after yourself.

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
All the very best with your treatment Andy, and for a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I hope the chemo required for your lymphoma is not too toxic form and your left with plenty of energy so you can put your plans into action. Its a long way from my specific clinical area, but is often 1 week of chemo followed by 3 weeks or so off with these forms of chemo. If your regime is similar to this, it might be worth considering making your significant plans for the week or so before your next treatment rather than the week or so after you have been poisoned!

Matt

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi

Firstly thanks for all the well wishes

Matt its ABVD chemo ... I've no idea how harsh it is , first treatment is on the 6th Dec
Two treatments a month for 6 months

two things on my side

Big and the blackest sense of humour you've ever seen

Andy

1 - 20 of 37 Posts