The Lure Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,
just a quick post on a planned trip I am taking in July for a fortnight (July 25th to 7th August) - going to the Bella Vista Hotel in Cobh Harbour near Cork ... partly cos the Bass fishing is ace and they do self drive kitted out warriors;

http://www.bellavistahotel.ie/corkfishing.asp
http://www.bassfishingireland.com
http://www.bellavistahotel.ie

Hopefully getting everything sorted out on Monday for two weeks starting the 25th July - picked the big tides as recommended (thanks Edgar!)

Should be a good crack (craic!) - main reason for picking the boats is I am treating my grandad to a spot of bass lure fishing for a week - he is 86 and his knees are dodgy to say the least - a nice padded seat on a comfy boat in a secluded calm spot and plenty of bass will be just the ticket - last time he was bass fishing in ireland was '65 in Killorglin for the Puck fair - he was catching bass on lobworms of all things! (had a fair few upto double figures!) its also a nice treat to get him out of my Gran's hair so she can check out the town itself!

Going to book a guide for the day too (even though they have gps with all the marks pre configured onboard) to show him the ropes and get us on the fish ... just fingers crossed for the weather!!!!

Appears to be quite a popular service - its got to be the way to go with fully euipped modern bass boats available to use ...

Boats are 100 Euros per day excl fuel but includes tackle, nets, sounder, gprs (with marks!) and all the mod cons - all Warrior boats are under two years old with 75 HP engines

EDIT - Booked my dates

25th July - 7th August

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well two weeks to go - will be fishing this time in a fortnight!

Just going through the packing regime - think I have around 9 different outfits going ... 5 x plugging, 1 x Uptide, 1 x 20lb boat, 1x12lb boat and 1 x fly ... so much stuff :eek:

Tides are good springs - just need the weather!

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
I hope the weather stays fair, and you both have a great time! That is a lovely thing to do for your Grandad Alex.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi alex i live close to cobh and know that area well you'll definitely be into some fish :) weather hasnt been great rain/wind all week better this morning one local beach i fished this morning (blank :() looked like this :)

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Outside the harbour to the left maybe 30 mins by boat beautiful spot at 6 am this morning :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Good luck Alex, I hope you have a great time and I am looking forward to reading all about it as I have been considering the Bella Vista with a few friends for sometime now.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Enjoy!

land a big one for me

·
Registered
381 Posts
Did I miss the report? How did you get on Alex?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts