The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some bogas which I tied with straight bungy when they arrived and thats how they have stayed but it doesnt work the best and I want to get some sort of coiled lanyard for them.

I have seen people using the sort of telephone wire/body board type things but where do you get them, what are people using?

Cheers for any advice

·
Registered
194 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Matt Newcombe had a very neat idea for this.........(sorry for stealing ur thunder Matt!). He cut the 'coiled cord' from an old telephone, fed each end of said cord through the end of the bogas & a D ring/carabina respectively & then secures each end of the cord with some kind of tape that shrinks when you apply heat to it. I think he poured hot water over the tape. Been meaning to ask him what the tape is & where he gets it from. Perhaps he'll pick up on this thread.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
I have been using the 'cable spring' one from www.watersportswarehouse.co.uk
These are mega strong and designed for diving,I can also recommend the stainless 'D' ring webbing for the diving belts as they are brilliant for hooking up bogas and the other things that we use etc.
The watersports warehouse are great with mega fast delivery and no hassle.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have a jig power coiled lanyard which I got from *****.

Handy feature is the magnetic connection which will take 2kg of pressure before unattaching.
So if need be, in the heat of the moment, instead of fiddling around with clips and carabiners, with one sharp tug it can be detached.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Nick's point is good. I am a diver as well as an angler and a dive store will supply all manner of retractable lanyards that will be saltwater resistant.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Haha - Quite alright Toby.

Yeah, it's just heat shrink tube that electricians use. Makes a nice neat job of it.
Matt - if I go into a sparky's supplies shop or DIY store & ask for heat shrink tube will they know what I'm talking about? Do you know of somewhere on the web that you can get it? I'll have a look myself in a bit. Cheers

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Yeah they should do Toby. I got mine from Halfords, it's commonly used when installing a car stereo.

£2 for a pack of 20 or so 3'' lengths, with mixed diameters.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
If anyone needs a telephone curly cord, just ask - telecoms is my business and we always have a stock of cr*ppy phones waiting to be junked. Cost will be a pint whenever we get to catch up!

I still use one of my diving lanyards.

Reactions: Adrian

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I personally have a hPA one designed for the Boga etc - do a search on eBay for divers lanyard s- plenty there for a tenner or alternatively make your own;

bit of broom handle
400lb mono
wrap it around the broom handle tightly
duck tape the ends down
boil it in water for 5 minutes
drop into cold water to set it
crimp two stainless clips either end
voila custom coiled leash ...

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
If anyone needs a telephone curly cord, just ask - telecoms is my business and we always have a stock of cr*ppy phones waiting to be junked. Cost will be a pint whenever we get to catch up!

I still use one of my diving lanyards.
I see a business opportunity here Andrew. Limited batch of (un)official Boga coils :D

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
I personally have a hPA one designed for the Boga etc - do a search on eBay for divers lanyard s- plenty there for a tenner or alternatively make your own;

bit of broom handle
400lb mono
wrap it around the broom handle tightly
duck tape the ends down
boil it in water for 5 minutes
drop into cold water to set it
crimp two stainless clips either end
voila custom coiled leash ...
Nifty idea that...............

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I see a business opportunity here Andrew. Limited batch of (un)official Boga coils

You've got your first order from me!

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
If anyone does want a curly cord, just pm me your address! You will get a typical (somewhat beaten!) curly cord with the standard little RJ11 plug on each end that is easily cut off.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts